|
|
| Author |
Message |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Groove |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Groove World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:19 - 21 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Bets still on 55, odds are 2/1
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:23 - 21 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BanditBitch |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BanditBitch World Chat Champion
Joined: 03 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| gemma1675 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 gemma1675 Scooby Slapper

Joined: 20 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:06 - 21 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I recall some posts on the new riders section where people on guaranteed pass DAS courses were still being stung for bike & equipment hire if they had to retake.
I needed five days when I did DAS cos I had never ridden a bike before. But I am sure you would need less than that!
I personally would bin the guaranteed pass and go for a three day block - Saturday, Sunday and test on Monday thereby only one day off work (assuming you work Mon - Fri of course).
Good luck with it anyways.  ____________________ Suzuki SV650S K5
Nobody puts baby in a corner |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| alfie698 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 alfie698 Nova Slayer

Joined: 28 Jul 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:48 - 21 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think a 5 day course would be overkill for someone that's done 7000 miles on a 125.
I hadnt ridden a bike in years and did a 2 day course over a weekend (after doing my CBT) before sitting the test on Monday. It certainly didnt cost £480!
Try and find a local outfit with a decent reputation rather than a place with a "guarantee".
HTH
Alfie ____________________ Ted: "These are small; the ones out there are far away."
Dougal: "I still dont get it, Ted."
https://www.bikepics.com/members/alfie698 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Psychonaut |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Psychonaut Spanner Monkey

Joined: 10 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:59 - 21 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well toby Ive always felt on the same footing as you as we started riding at the same time (and from the looks of it the same milage also). I took a 2 day das (1 1/2 days training test in the afternoon) and felt it was all I needed.
Before I started it I was worried I'd made a mistake not having 2 1/2 days on a 500 but to be honest its a peice off piss. The hardest bit is re learning 'proper' observation but you would have to do that for any test.
Took me the whole morning to learn low speed control (you have to slip the clutch more on a bigger bike to achieve slow speed) but that mornings work paid off on the road and I put my foot down once in 12 u turns (the one just before my test but my instructor said it was nerves)
I really dont think you need 5 days but see how day 1 goes (and if they will shorten it if your ok). Suppose it all comes down to how confident you feel, until you ride a 500 for a day you wont know but I'd say you'll be fine with the road experience you've had. Good Luck!!! ____________________ Prev CBR600RR (06) Orange/Black
CBR1000RR (09) Repsol
Now Ducati 1199 Panigale |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Davo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Davo Davo To The Rescue!

Joined: 05 Apr 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| akaDAVE |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 akaDAVE World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:28 - 21 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did a 5 day course but I'd never sat on a bike before that.
The first day I did the CBT which you've done and more.
The second day I moved onto a 500 which was easier to control smoothly than the 125. That will be a breeze.
I reckon you'd only need one day to get to grips with the 500 test bike and then learn how to pass the test over the next two.
The cost you will save will outweigh any value of a guaranteed pass I reckon. ____________________ GSXR600 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| distortion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 distortion Nearly there...

Joined: 08 Mar 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kawakid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kawakid World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Mar 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:00 - 22 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
why do 5 block says (btw its cheap for 5 block days I did 1-2-1 in the winter 5 days + 2 tests for £700) add in CBT and stuff and it was all in about £850
why not do two days per weekend , and another day just before test? ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| derbisenda200... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 derbisenda200... Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 09 Dec 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy C Tree Seeking Missile

Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:06 - 22 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
i did 1day and half and then test and was fine . Same sort of expereience on 125 as you (though mine was faster ).
The 5 days course a lot will be controling the bike which you should be fine at, 2 days and test sounds much better ____________________ 99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SimonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SimonB Brolly Dolly

Joined: 23 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ArticZebra |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ArticZebra L Plate Warrior
Joined: 24 Jul 2006 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 02:10 - 25 Jul 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi guys Im new to your forum, and quite new to biking.
I did my CBT a year last march and been riding my GS125 during the dry weather ever since and put about 5k on the clock.
I started my DAS course on Saturday in Eastleigh Hants on a ER500, its a cool bike and much easier to ride than my GS !.
The first day was spent firstly in the training car park, then out for a rideout to get the feel of the bike, Sunday was spent going over the test routes and general test skills. We did 2 mock tests, I passed the first one with NO faults and failed the second with 1 Major. ( U turn bet you guessed that huh ? lol ). I cant say it was an easy day, I was knackered after 6 hours in the saddle !
So at at 11.11am tomorrow morning I'll be doing my test, in what is rekoned to be 31 degrees blazing sunshine. It will be a right smack ass if i fail, I've bought myself a XJ600 N, which is nicely polished in the garage, fuelled up, Taxed, Mot'd , the insurance is all set up pending a phone call.
Jitters ??? oh yes that why Im sat here at 0112am
I'll let you guys knpw how i get on.
Total cost including test £395 for three days, inc test day.
And to Alan and Shirley the school instructors, if you read this, pass or fail you are the guys !! cheers. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| veeeffarr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 veeeffarr Super Spammer
Joined: 22 Jul 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 70 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|