|
|
| Author |
Message |
| tomkapsalis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tomkapsalis Trackday Trickster

Joined: 06 Jun 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Barry_M2 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Barry_M2 World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:13 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah, crashed one of my R5 turbo's. Going too fast round a corner, lifted off the throttle, which unloaded the rear tyres. Back came round and I slid across the road, up a kerb and into a concrete fence post.
Kind of stupid of me really. But thats the one and only crash. ____________________ ZXR750R (M2) - For the road.
CBR1000 RR4 - For the track.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4332 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 8316 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 8316 Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 08 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:19 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
don't condone speeding? i do!
had a car crash as a back passenger in 1990-when i was 3/4 in a triumph acclaim.
december in scotland in residential area. snow.ice roads.
my dad was stuck cos a car facing us was taking up the space for dad to pass him, must have been a narrow street or something.
he saw a gap of parked cars and tried to get in-but promptly spun and smashed into the lamp post.nice for a family of 5 with the kids aged 6,3 and 1.....hahah
i couldnt walk for a day or two
sister in baby chair was fine-but johnsilva had his chin cut open by the side of the seat
mum still cant turn her head properly
dad got away scott-free
only thing i properly remember is us kids all crying in a strangers house about the car being wrecked! at least we had our priorities sorted out!  ____________________ Now own a Fireblade!! Speed Limits? Bah! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| msgander |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 msgander Brolly Dolly

Joined: 31 Aug 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:29 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
as the car which you have named the model and type, is owned by a mate who has put in a dodgy insurance claim, do you think its wise to publicly mention it on a forum??!!!
If you were my mate I'd not be too impressed lol!!!
Not saying I disapprove of the claim but you'd be best to stay a little quiet, you even give approximate location!! lol ____________________ Always believe that your guardian angel flies a bit faster than you............... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tomkapsalis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tomkapsalis Trackday Trickster

Joined: 06 Jun 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Davo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Davo Davo To The Rescue!

Joined: 05 Apr 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:45 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
twice , only been driving a month, good to see the old reputation follows me on to four wheels. ____________________ Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| headlamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 headlamp World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:18 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
These are all the accidents I have had in almost 30 years of driving!!
Most recent last year - was a Mini hit the rear of my Discovery (at speed), I was stationery and the Mini vapourised!
I wrecked a Renault 5 GT Turbo about 10 years ago, taking a bend too fast, in Winter, I turned the wheel, it went straight on and I hit a brick wall at 30mph! It wasn't even my car!
I minorly hit a car that decided to stop coming out of a junction...I was in an Astra GTE
I had an Austin Cambridge in 1982 & hit an old Mark 1 Cortina at a zebra crossing - he just stopped as someone was about 40 miles from the kerb!
I was hit from behind whilst driving a Triumph 2000 by a woman in an Escort, who wasn't paying any attention. ____________________ Using a mobile phone while driving a car should be made a capital offence! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FreshAL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FreshAL Sir Crashalot

Joined: 04 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:00 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Was in my little 1.1 Metro about 5 years ago.
Indicating and stationary waiting to turn right when a mk3 Escort ploughed into the rear left of the car. Span me twice, luckily there was nothing coming opposite.
The car was hit so hard the sub-frame bent and punctured a rear tyre.
Drove it the 200 yards to home dragging the rear wheels behind, lucky it was a front wheel drive!
When the garage came to inspect it, they estimates £2,500 repair bill, I only paid £700 for it! Whole sub frame needed replacing. ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:02 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suzuki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:14 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yes as passenger, skidding sideways into oncoming traffic is bad.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:14 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ive not been in a crash, but almost. And if I were I would of been dead and not on here
Going back a few years, started clubbing getting to know people, staying round theres ect. One night, I had to stay at a mates I was that plastered. I was ment to be home by 10am to get to London with my mum n Lodger. If I wasnt there they would leave.
Anyhow, I missed them by 10 mins.
Got a phone call 2 hours later that they had a crash.
Mum doing 50 in the outside lane, slow moving traffic in the left.
A van pulls out,no time to brake. Van on top of the car bonnet. Mum trap, everything from the back was in the front.
First thing police did was to check the back. They mentioned if anyone was in there they wouldnt of been alive.
Basically my dads heavy tools had catapulted into the back seat.
How lucky I was to miss them. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Louise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Louise World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:25 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Haha I see what your saying. Thats to perfection  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R1stu |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R1stu Shrek!

Joined: 12 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:16 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Crashed two cars!
Went into a back of car who then went into another car in my orion. That was lucky as I dont have a driving licence the car wasnt taxed or mot'd
That was 2yrs ago!
Also went into the back of some french bloke, Didnt understand a word he said but filled some form but never heard anything.
So both times were lucky, the only thing I lost was my years no claims! ____________________ Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DucatiEVO |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DucatiEVO Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 02 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:09 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Only crashed once back in 1993, rolled my 205 1.6 Gti eight months after passing my test. Not a straight panel left!  ____________________ aKa: Ducky |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR Mick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR Mick World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr jamez |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr jamez World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:08 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
I crashed my mini into a tree and that was the end of the poor thing, luckily not me. Also managed to rip a wing mirror off the laguna and scrape down the side of a wall when I twatted a tractor that was sat in the middle of the road after a blind corner, luckily I managed to get the car up the kerb before I hit it head on! And er bought a RWD escort with a bit of poke a few weeks ago, so watch this space  ____________________ NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CortezTheKill... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CortezTheKill... Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 19 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:28 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nothing major. On each occasion the car was drivable.
First one was my fault, crawling along the M1 in baking hot sunshine, when I saw a body sprawled on the grass by the hard shoulder. As I was rubbernecking I ploughed into the guy in front, who was also rubbernecking, but had stopped. At the sound of the smack, the "body" jumped up - they had been sunbathing whilst waiting for their car to cool down. No damage to his car, but my lights and radiator were stoved in, and my bass combo that was in the boot had punched through the rear seats.
The second one was again on the M1. Last 100 yards southbound before the Brent Cross roundabout, I was in the outside lane when the artic in the middle lane decided he wanted to occupy the same space as me and just moved over, pushing me into the barrier and up the concrete wall. Car looked like someone had run a giant can opener down the side.
The last one I had was in Hemel Hempstead, after driving from Northampton without the faintest sign of it, I came off a roundabout and hit black ice, did a few 360s and hit the curb on the other side of the road, side on. It pushed the rear suspension in and up (and sent an old bloke diving for the nearest hedge). Apparently I was the 3rd car to do that that morning; the gritters had not bothered to do the road as the other end of it was closed for roadworks. ____________________ Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet
[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| andrea |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 andrea World Chat Champion
Joined: 26 Feb 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:41 - 03 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nothing major for me either.
The first one was in my first car, a little red citroen ax10. Some dozy bint "didn't see me" and ploughed out of a side junction into the side of me, pushing me infront of a bus. Car was a write off.
Second i was a passenger and another dozy bint drove into the back of us. At the time i was pregnant with my daughter and was worried as she hadn't moved since the accident. She's 3 now
My last was in Feb this year when a deer went on a suicide mission and ran infront of my ZX (I have no luck with citroens at all ). Had the kids in the car and it was dark, couldn't get a signal on my phone, but managed to get the car recovered in the end, it was a write off. My son, who is 5, told everyone that mummy had hit a T-Rex
I had a very near miss when i was 18 though. Had had a pint and half at lunch and had my sister and another lad in the car, none of us wore a seat belt. Was pissing it down, on a single carriageway A-road (A449, busy road), doing around 80 when some plank pulled out infront of me. Instead of slowing down, i kept on going, flashing my lights at him (I had anger issues i think). I then realised i was doing 80+ and he was doing <40. Slammed on the brakes, wheels locked, turned the steering wheel to go round him, nothing happened, wheels unlocked, car span onto opposite side of road and somehow there was nothing coming (busy road at a busy time of day). That was in my little Nova. We would have all been killed had something been coming. I was being very very stupid but it really slowed me down, and have been fine ever since (that was 7 years ago). Not proud of it, but i learnt my lesson, and i also never drink now when im driving, not even 1. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:26 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
As Ste mentioned, but as the driver .
Note that in that case when I was discussing a matter slightly related on a forum where I'm not known personally.
I had it passed to me that I should watch what I was saying because 'people' were aware of it. I was trying to be as careful as possible in the thread not to give too many details away. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| flat spot |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 flat spot World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom_ Points Mean Prizes

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:23 - 04 Nov 2006 Post subject: |
 |
|
Talking of which, i spun my car out last night. Only scuffed the front bumper though.
Also reversed into another car.
Been in quite a few crashes when i wasn't at the wheel as well, two volvo 440's which were both written off, a 525i which was written off and a escort estate which was written off. Most the accidents were small but cars being cars they cost a lot to fix. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 19 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|