Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Any Of You Ever Had A Car Crash

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

tomkapsalis
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:11 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Any Of You Ever Had A Car Crash Reply with quote

Before you start I know this a bike forum but a majority of the members also seem to have cages so I thought this would be in intresting. I don't actually have a car but my mate did and now its no more.

Picture the scene, half past four in the morning driving along a deserted stretch of motorway in one of those Renault Clio 16v Williams things (which in true boy racer chavy style was modified).

Me and four mates where coming back from a rave in some wood in some random little hamlet outside of Maidstone. Me and the three passengers where completely out of our heads but the driver was relatively ok. He had half a spliff so he was ok to drive.

Coming down the road doing about 110 when the cars rear wheels locked (we still don't know why, but we think it was something to do with the spacers from the alloys). The car span out and slowed down gradually while going through a 940 degree turn. We slammed into the central reservation and the car flipped and got launched into a ditch. The car was written off and apart from one broken arm, a sprained ankle and numerous cuts and bruises we where all ok. I just thank god that we put the roll cage in the day before otherwise we all would of died.

We didn't want to get busted for driving on drugs etc so we walked home. We got in at about 8 and we where all kinda sober now. My mate rang the police and reported his car stolen and his insurance payed out, so no major loss.

Any of you had any dodgy crashes?

N.b I don't condone driving under the infuence or speeding
____________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, crashed one of my R5 turbo's. Going too fast round a corner, lifted off the throttle, which unloaded the rear tyres. Back came round and I slid across the road, up a kerb and into a concrete fence post. Laughing

Kind of stupid of me really. But thats the one and only crash.
____________________
ZXR750R (M2) - For the road.
CBR1000 RR4 - For the track.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4332
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

8316
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:19 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't condone speeding? i do! Laughing

had a car crash as a back passenger in 1990-when i was 3/4 in a triumph acclaim.
december in scotland in residential area. snow.ice roads.
my dad was stuck cos a car facing us was taking up the space for dad to pass him, must have been a narrow street or something.
he saw a gap of parked cars and tried to get in-but promptly spun and smashed into the lamp post.nice for a family of 5 with the kids aged 6,3 and 1.....hahah
i couldnt walk for a day or two
sister in baby chair was fine-but johnsilva had his chin cut open by the side of the seat
mum still cant turn her head properly
dad got away scott-free


only thing i properly remember is us kids all crying in a strangers house about the car being wrecked! Cool Laughing at least we had our priorities sorted out! Very Happy
____________________
Now own a Fireblade!! Speed Limits? Bah!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

msgander
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

as the car which you have named the model and type, is owned by a mate who has put in a dodgy insurance claim, do you think its wise to publicly mention it on a forum??!!!

If you were my mate I'd not be too impressed lol!!!

Shocked

Not saying I disapprove of the claim but you'd be best to stay a little quiet, you even give approximate location!! lol
____________________
Always believe that your guardian angel flies a bit faster than you...............
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tomkapsalis
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:31 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but the chances of some bloke from the insurance company stumbling upon it on this and then being asked to look it up on their system is a tad slim. Even if it did happen do you think the phone monkey would care.
____________________
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!



Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomkapsalis wrote:
Yeah but the chances of some bloke from the insurance company stumbling upon it on this and then being asked to look it up on their system is a tad slim. Even if it did happen do you think the phone monkey would care.


You'd be suprised this site does feature quite highly on google rankings. It wouldn't take too long to find.

Insurance companies have teams of people trying to find ways of not paying out. Not to mention police etc...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:45 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

twice Very Happy , only been driving a month, good to see the old reputation follows me on to four wheels.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

headlamp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:18 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all the accidents I have had in almost 30 years of driving!! Laughing

Most recent last year - was a Mini hit the rear of my Discovery (at speed), I was stationery and the Mini vapourised!

I wrecked a Renault 5 GT Turbo about 10 years ago, taking a bend too fast, in Winter, I turned the wheel, it went straight on and I hit a brick wall at 30mph! It wasn't even my car!

I minorly hit a car that decided to stop coming out of a junction...I was in an Astra GTE

I had an Austin Cambridge in 1982 & hit an old Mark 1 Cortina at a zebra crossing - he just stopped as someone was about 40 miles from the kerb!

I was hit from behind whilst driving a Triumph 2000 by a woman in an Escort, who wasn't paying any attention.
____________________
Using a mobile phone while driving a car should be made a capital offence!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a passenger in a 4x4 towing a trailer full of bikes when we did a few spins and some unintentional off-roading

Resulted in this

https://www.apholt.net/photos/Spain2006/FreshAL_Crash5_small.jpg

No injuries
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:00 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was in my little 1.1 Metro about 5 years ago.

Indicating and stationary waiting to turn right when a mk3 Escort ploughed into the rear left of the car. Span me twice, luckily there was nothing coming opposite.

The car was hit so hard the sub-frame bent and punctured a rear tyre.

Drove it the 200 yards to home dragging the rear wheels behind, lucky it was a front wheel drive!

When the garage came to inspect it, they estimates £2,500 repair bill, I only paid £700 for it! Whole sub frame needed replacing.
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:02 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a slight knock when a stupid cow decided to try our side of the road around a blind bend! (My car was the blue Fiesta)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/Rescue0001.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/Carwreck001-1.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/carwreck002-1.jpg
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Suzuki
Roger



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:14 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finglonga wrote:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/carwreck002-1.jpg

From the colour of the seat, I'd guess you shit your pants in that accident? Laughing

Were you OK?
____________________
<Simple> no I'm shaven Jon Razz
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:14 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes as passenger, skidding sideways into oncoming traffic is bad. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:14 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive not been in a crash, but almost. And if I were I would of been dead and not on here Thumbs Up
Going back a few years, started clubbing getting to know people, staying round theres ect. One night, I had to stay at a mates I was that plastered. I was ment to be home by 10am to get to London with my mum n Lodger. If I wasnt there they would leave.
Anyhow, I missed them by 10 mins.
Got a phone call 2 hours later that they had a crash.
Mum doing 50 in the outside lane, slow moving traffic in the left.
A van pulls out,no time to brake. Van on top of the car bonnet. Mum trap, everything from the back was in the front.
First thing police did was to check the back. They mentioned if anyone was in there they wouldnt of been alive.
Basically my dads heavy tools had catapulted into the back seat.
How lucky I was to miss them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I see what your saying. Thats to perfection Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

R1stu
Shrek!



Joined: 12 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crashed two cars!

Went into a back of car who then went into another car in my orion. That was lucky as I dont have a driving licence the car wasnt taxed or mot'd

That was 2yrs ago!

Also went into the back of some french bloke, Didnt understand a word he said but filled some form but never heard anything.

So both times were lucky, the only thing I lost was my years no claims!
____________________
Carbon closet tart! https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/02r6/
Stolen bike. 2000 R1: https://www.bikepics.com/members/r6stuk/00r1/
Current bike 1991 Honda ST1100 Pan European, 1986 Honda cb350sg (Finished)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

DucatiEVO
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:09 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only crashed once back in 1993, rolled my 205 1.6 Gti Embarassed eight months after passing my test. Not a straight panel left! Thumbs Up
____________________
aKa: Ducky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:15 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Re: Any Of You Ever Had A Car Crash Reply with quote

tomkapsalis wrote:
My mate rang the police and reported his car stolen and his insurance payed out, so no major loss.


Twat!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I crashed my mini into a tree and that was the end of the poor thing, luckily not me. Also managed to rip a wing mirror off the laguna and scrape down the side of a wall when I twatted a tractor that was sat in the middle of the road after a blind corner, luckily I managed to get the car up the kerb before I hit it head on! And er bought a RWD escort with a bit of poke a few weeks ago, so watch this space Laughing
____________________
NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CortezTheKill...
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 19 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was 20 me and my mate went for a drive in his Ford Escort and whilst returning home some old biddy in a Vauxhall Chevette pulled out of a side road and hit the back end of us. Stupid fucker of a mate put his foot on the accelerator rather than the brake and sent us speeding towards a house.

Everything went really really slow and the next thing I know I'm waking up inside a lounge with a Christmas tree where the windscreen used to be.

Smashed my right foot to bits in the impact and had to have it put back together with screws. My mate, who wasn't wearing his seatbelt, somehow ended up with one leg either side of the gearstick - this was the second sight that greeted me on regaining consciousness after the Christmas tree.

Learned after that the couple who owned the house had been shagging upstairs. Boy did the earth move for them.

I ended up eventually with £20,000 compensation, which being young and irresponsible I managed to fritter away in a little over 12 months.
____________________
SV650 - TRASHED
ZX636R C6F - SOLD
Current number of wheels: 0 (not including a bicycle).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TheShaggyDA
Repost Police



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:28 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing major. On each occasion the car was drivable.

First one was my fault, crawling along the M1 in baking hot sunshine, when I saw a body sprawled on the grass by the hard shoulder. As I was rubbernecking I ploughed into the guy in front, who was also rubbernecking, but had stopped. At the sound of the smack, the "body" jumped up - they had been sunbathing whilst waiting for their car to cool down. No damage to his car, but my lights and radiator were stoved in, and my bass combo that was in the boot had punched through the rear seats.

The second one was again on the M1. Last 100 yards southbound before the Brent Cross roundabout, I was in the outside lane when the artic in the middle lane decided he wanted to occupy the same space as me and just moved over, pushing me into the barrier and up the concrete wall. Car looked like someone had run a giant can opener down the side.

The last one I had was in Hemel Hempstead, after driving from Northampton without the faintest sign of it, I came off a roundabout and hit black ice, did a few 360s and hit the curb on the other side of the road, side on. It pushed the rear suspension in and up (and sent an old bloke diving for the nearest hedge). Apparently I was the 3rd car to do that that morning; the gritters had not bothered to do the road as the other end of it was closed for roadworks.
____________________
Current: CB500 Previous: CB100N, CB250RS, XJ900F, GT550, GPZ750R/1000RX, AJS M16, R100RT, Enfield Bullet

[i:6e3bfc7581]But still I fear and still I dare not laugh at the madman...[/i:6e3bfc7581]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andrea
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:41 - 03 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing major for me either.

The first one was in my first car, a little red citroen ax10. Some dozy bint "didn't see me" and ploughed out of a side junction into the side of me, pushing me infront of a bus. Car was a write off.

Second i was a passenger and another dozy bint drove into the back of us. At the time i was pregnant with my daughter and was worried as she hadn't moved since the accident. She's 3 now Smile

My last was in Feb this year when a deer went on a suicide mission and ran infront of my ZX (I have no luck with citroens at all Sad ). Had the kids in the car and it was dark, couldn't get a signal on my phone, but managed to get the car recovered in the end, it was a write off. My son, who is 5, told everyone that mummy had hit a T-Rex Laughing

I had a very near miss when i was 18 though. Had had a pint and half at lunch and had my sister and another lad in the car, none of us wore a seat belt. Was pissing it down, on a single carriageway A-road (A449, busy road), doing around 80 when some plank pulled out infront of me. Instead of slowing down, i kept on going, flashing my lights at him (I had anger issues i think). I then realised i was doing 80+ and he was doing <40. Slammed on the brakes, wheels locked, turned the steering wheel to go round him, nothing happened, wheels unlocked, car span onto opposite side of road and somehow there was nothing coming (busy road at a busy time of day). That was in my little Nova. We would have all been killed had something been coming. I was being very very stupid but it really slowed me down, and have been fine ever since (that was 7 years ago). Not proud of it, but i learnt my lesson, and i also never drink now when im driving, not even 1.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:26 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Ste mentioned, but as the driver Neutral.

Note that in that case when I was discussing a matter slightly related on a forum where I'm not known personally.

I had it passed to me that I should watch what I was saying because 'people' were aware of it. I was trying to be as careful as possible in the thread not to give too many details away.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flat spot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:58 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We didn't want to get busted for driving on drugs etc so we walked home. We got in at about 8 and we where all kinda sober now. My mate rang the police and reported his car stolen and his insurance payed out, so no major loss.


So he's one of the cocks that makes me pay more for my insurance every year. But no major loss hey. Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom_
Points Mean Prizes



Joined: 02 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:23 - 04 Nov 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Talking of which, i spun my car out last night. Laughing Only scuffed the front bumper though.

Also reversed into another car.

Been in quite a few crashes when i wasn't at the wheel as well, two volvo 440's which were both written off, a 525i which was written off and a escort estate which was written off. Most the accidents were small but cars being cars they cost a lot to fix.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 335 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.69 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 137.27 Kb