|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Barry_M2 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Barry_M2 World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Misc |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Misc World Chat Champion
Joined: 15 Aug 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cigaro |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cigaro World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Mar 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ram_doom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ram_doom World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Mar 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:57 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I love riding my bike but when it's cold or the traffic isn't too bad I prefer the car. Safer, faster, warmer and all round easier!  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blau Zedong |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Blau Zedong Banned

Joined: 26 Jun 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:37 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I detest driving my car. If I didn't have to have one for work, I wouldn't have one at all. In addition to the A-pillars and the rearview mirror I am always having to slap passengers hands away from the sun visor. I also don't like the B-pillars, the roof, being strapped in, the control arrangement (what the hell is that all about, you need to let go of one thing to work another?) the slowness, the width and the inability to filter. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jamie. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jamie. World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nb World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:27 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have to drive cars a lot due to my job, but i'd be lucky if i drove my own car twice in one week. I hate driving cars to be honest, i find cars too slow and if you hit traffic your knackered.
Parking is another thing that boils my blood, if i dont get parked in the car within 2 minutes of going to the city centre i just fuck off back home before someone gets run over.
So i take my bike up to the city and park right outside a police station and im all sorted.  ____________________ Cbr1100xx blackbird gone, mk4 golf gt tdi chav now
Colin1 wrote 'Im grateful for what i can get, which isnt all that much.'
Columbus travel insurance are crap!! Do not use! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| palmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 palmer Fiddled Kiddy

Joined: 21 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:33 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
i love cars as much as bikes, for different reasons  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 19:33 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Before you all hate me..... I've been riding for 5 years now, on road, off road and stunt riding. I've done winters, long distance, commuting... had numerous bikes and love em all.
but for road I will always have a car now.. I love driving and riding, but the riding I love is too "extreme" for the road and will end up with me losing my licence.. not trying to say I'm such a good rider or anything I just mean I like stunting too much.
I love driving cars so much, and I'm much faster in a car, I REALLY want to try rally driving when costs allow.. I just feel a lot more confident cornering a car than a bike...
I love both to be honest but for different reasons! Stunt bikes, drive cars fast  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:59 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
A good car is better on the road more of the time than a good bike, but a good bike is better when the conditions allow.
But I can't find any joy in driving an 1100cc fiesta everywhere TBH, it has to be a half decent car, preferably RWD or 4WD with more than 160bhp.
220bhp Subaru Impreza? That'll do nicely!  ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iCraig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr jamez |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr jamez World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:24 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've decided that bikes suit me better for going 'fast' and daily pootling around. I've got a pinto'd MK2 escort which I'm putting on the road in the spring time, but that is just for tinkering with and messing about in (welded diff anyone ) Will also be useful for carting junk about. ____________________ NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:34 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
I love to drive.
I like having a decent sound system and cold air and heat when I need it.
I also like doing different things like drifting and track days. Took up off roading but don't like it no where near as fun as racing.
But they can never replace a bike to me.  ____________________ ◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lilredmachine |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lilredmachine World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:18 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
Like other people have said, like riding and driving for different reasons.
I like being able to have a car at the end of it's limits, where you can feel the front wheels starting to slip away from you and have to bring it back in. Not much chance of coming cropper, on a bike you do that and the wheels do go, well you are on the floor.
However, there is nothing like flying about on the bike at silly speeds and being able to overtake at will.
Going into bikes wasn't part of my lifeplan, always loved cars since such a young age, but I love both for different reasons. ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR Mick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR Mick World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:22 - 19 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 06:10 - 20 Nov 2007 Post subject: |
 |
|
The more wheels, the better  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| california_rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 california_rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Harold_Shand |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Harold_Shand World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 18 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|