Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Datatool alarm problems...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:17 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Datatool alarm problems... Reply with quote

I fukin hate alarms!!!

Got a datatool alarm on my project CBR, think its a System 21 or possibly a 3.. but I think 21 ....

The bike has been set for about 2 years or so, obviously the battery went flat.. I have now just put a new battery in it....

the alarm won't disengage from the transmitter no matter what I do! tried 2 transmitters and both lights flash up so im sure they both have enough battery etc....

With the alarms inline fuse OUT the alarm doesn't sound, but won't disengage, if you turn ignition on then it will sound the alarm, if you then turn ignition off the alarm goes off.

With the alarms inline fuse IN the alarm sounds constantly for about 30 seconds then stops, then starts again!!!!

I read that if battery condition goes too low then it goes into sleep mode but I can't seem to wake the fuckin thing up so either I'm not doing it right or this aint the problem!

The switch under the seat (which is meant to sound alarm if take seat off..) has the metal tag broken off, but I've pushed the button in and it doesn't make any difference, altho from my last alarm I'm sure you can still disengage the alarm with that switch in the open position anyways.

I'm lost now, anyone got any clue whats up?? I don't know the 4 digit pin, the alarm doesnt seem to be set anyways, you can move the bike and alarm wont sound.... not sure whats going on really
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

From reading this, I assume it doesn't have an immobiliser, and it's just an alarm?

Edit: Actually looks like it's a System 3. Have you read this guide?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:32 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
From reading this, I assume it doesn't have an immobiliser, and it's just an alarm?


I presume so.. haven't tried to start the bike yet, but the fuel pump primes even with the alarm going off, so I guess it's not immobilised?

Just done a bit of reading and the alarm may have "spiked" just trying to find some clear de-spiking instructions for the sys 21... but struggling... seems you have to cut the underseat switch off and connect it to the +ive of battery at one point... seems a bit weird.. don't think the switch just unplugs so needs to be cut out?? I want to cut that switch out and just through crimp the cables anyway, Im guessing that will work fine?
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:37 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the alarm might not have had a PIN set, check out page 6 on here --> https://www.datatool.co.uk/pdfs/system3_ug.pdf
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

De-spiking guide: https://www.datatool.co.uk/pdfs/system3_ds.pdf
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:39 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
Actually, the alarm might not have had a PIN set, check out page 6 on here --> https://www.datatool.co.uk/pdfs/system3_ug.pdf


Key fob don't work though Rolling Eyes Laughing

I think it needs de-spiking, its the only thing left on the datatool instrcutions etc that I haven't tried.. so going to go and try it now.
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:40 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, it IS a system 3 alarm.

I have followed the despiking instructions which is to remove battery link and unplug the PCB and leave for 6 hours... so gotta wait till later tonight to plug it all back in and see if that has fixed it.

If not then I'll try the coding instructions where you have to link the seat switch to the +ive of the battery.

What a nightmare, theres me thinking this bike would be finished today!
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always just buy a new loom and have no alarm Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:59 - 28 Nov 2007    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
You could always just buy a new loom and have no alarm Laughing


Well, would just cut it out......... thats the simplest option, but they are £300 odd to get fitted and its a selling point really so I'd like to have it working, might make it easier/quicker to sell the bike and may be worth a bit more with it on.
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.12 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.67 Kb