Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ebay's getting there...slowly

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:58 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: ebay's getting there...slowly Reply with quote

Well, still a long way to go but they've made a new change for the better;

Quote:
Sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.
Buyers should leave honest Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings


https://pages.ebay.co.uk/services/forum/new.html

Next change, no fees payable when you sell an item . Very Happy
I don't think it's out of the question, they've changed the feedback system probably because people speaking out about it, so who knows, they may listen to some more & lower fees.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:05 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive my ignorance, I only use Ebay once in a blue moon, but surely stopping sellers from leaving negative feedback for buyers would give toerags who win an item and then decide not to pay/cancel etc a bloody field day??


GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:05 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the worst a seller can do is refuse to give feedback?

It's good for me as a buyer.

However now I won't feel so comfortable selling, some people are so picky that now pricks will be dashing out neutrals because of a hairline scratch on an item.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay is moving from a global carboot sale, to a gloabl Sunday Market - IMHO
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:16 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who you all deal with but i never have problem with ebay, buying or selling. Smile
The only thing that pees me off is getting charged fees by both ebay & paypal.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would stop the type of event that happened to me. Ive only got a feedback score of about 150 but Ive never had a bit of negative feedback until about a year ago when I clashed with a seller.

Id bought an item that arrived a bit tatty (like the box had seen a lot of life) and was missing the charger. I emailed and asked, quite politely, for the charger to be sent to me. This seller refused and told me to send it back for a refund less postage. He had already overcharged on the postage and I was annoyed that he would rather I paid to send it back than send me what I was owed. I twigged that perhaps this guy was making money on the postage by sending out an incomplete package so I refused and he reluctantly sent me a charger, but two months later.

So bearing in mind Id paid instantly, been polite and waited nearly 3 months I ended up giving him neutral feedback. What did I get in return? Negative feedback saying 'Sellers beware', with the offer of a retraction.

Hopefully this kind of arsehole will become less and less common!
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:33 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though as a buyer, I think it will be nice to be able to leave neutral feedback if a seller charges £5 for postage for something that would cost 44p to post and then leaves it a week before sending.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:55 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the warning you get before leaving feedback now:

Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers.


You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings.


I guess you can leave any comment you wish (good or bad), but they just don't classify them as Positive, Neutral or Negative anymore.

You can still say the delivery was crap, item never arrived etc.. as it does say you should leave 'honest and accurate feedback'. Interperate as you wish! Wink

Thumbs Up
____________________
ZXR750R (M2) - For the road.
CBR1000 RR4 - For the track.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4332
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:04 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose at the end of the day it is a good thing as it weeds out the shit sellers from the good sellers.

I find individual sellers are better than businesses generally. Obviously because they have less to sell, but if I buy from an individual I can usually expect better communication and dispatch on the same day.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, once i have an established relationship with a buyer, i just keep using them so there's no problems whatsoever.


Anyway if you look at seller's feedback from my ebay, i got quite a nice surprise which made me LOL

Quote:
" CARLSBERG don't do eBuyers, BUT IF THEY DID - you are the ONE! Thank You"

____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they're making this move so buyers can 'leave accurate and honest feedback', yet the measure for this is disallowing sellers the same privilege? It makes nearly no sense to me. It's stinging a majority because of the actions of a minority.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

All eBay had to do was not post the feedback until both parties had left feedback to be fair.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fucking bullshit is what it is. And you, presumeably, newbies won't realise it until you are shit on by it. Like I have recently.

Load of bollocks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:09 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Though as a buyer, I think it will be nice to be able to leave neutral feedback if a seller charges £5 for postage for something that would cost 44p to post and then leaves it a week before sending.


Indeed, What i love is the parcel that arrived today... Arrived late and the royal mail had nicely printed the price for postage on the parcel itself...

Twice what i'd paid...

Feedback left... Middle Finger
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

instigator
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:25 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

djr wrote:

Twice what i'd paid...

Feedback left... Middle Finger


What about the time he /she took to post the item? And the packaging? I always have to go well out of my way to post stuff so I'll always ask a bit more. You did after all win the auction and agreed beforehand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never really understood how a seller giving feedback helps ebay at all, most of the time if a buyer bids on something it seems to be anonymous (well maybe the seller can see I haven't sold for a while), so the seller couldn't really make a judgement.

And even if they did have a negative feedback for something a couple of months ago it wouldn't phase me as well.. I want the money and ebay has things to sort non payers out etc writing seller beware.. doesn't really help anyone IMO.

Also I think its a scheme to get people to sell more, as you can't get a good ebay rating by just buying anymore you have to sell a lot for a good rating, which will also effect new buyers who want to start selling and will have to start from 0 whereas they could of got a few points before by buying items.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:47 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Though as a buyer, I think it will be nice to be able to leave neutral feedback if a seller charges £5 for postage for something that would cost 44p to post and then leaves it a week before sending.

And this is exactly why it's a bad thing.

If you don't want to pay £5 postage, don't buy the product if it's clearly labled. Why would you bid on something that you think is over priced Confused.

If I want something next day or within a time period, I will always contact them first to check that it can be delivered.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

well me, being a newbie (presumably) understand that some people dont have a post office next door. Neither do I, I have to make a trip to town, plus Im a lazy bastard. I also understand that people like to use high postage/low price to offset the fee's, fair enough. Thats why I accept high postage costs. I dont however feel like I have to be dicked about. Recently bought an in car adapter for the missus's iPOD. £2.00 odd plus 2.50 postage. It turned up 8 days later in a plastic bag, sorry but thats shite.

Selling on ebay is a pain in the arse, I understand that posting things cost money, so does a big roll of brown paper and sellotape. In some cases it involves travel, but I doubt it takes people two months and twenty quids worth to get it posted.

Another good thing I like the idea of is deliberately looking for an item in the uk, not japan etc. So when it says member in UK and it comes from overseas six months later I can simply leave negative feedback saying so. Those who openly admit they are overseas are fair play Ive got no problem with that obviously.
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:15 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The postage is there for all to see just factor it all into the final price and there shouldn't be an issue. If you don't like it buy from a shop.

I love charging for postage as I get it free from work - nothing like charging a tenner for a DHL then not paying a penny to send it Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats crap

I sold something, AC -DC converter - everything was correct in the acution, but once the buyer received the item, he didnt like - tried for a refund - never got ( return number false)
I tried everything to please this person..... I did get a negative, I gave him one back... But after reading this, is it really worth selling something risking your feedback.
I like fleebay but each week its just getting worse and worse Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:41 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:


I sold something, AC -DC converter


Never heard that album, any good?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:41 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

It tales a lot more effort on a sellers part than on a buyers, I'm not sure why a positive to a buyer holds the same weight as a positive to a seller, will the new system rectify this?

Recieved a neutral the other week, I bought a seat unit, payed immediatley and it arrived pretty fast, then I was internetless for two weeks, when I got it back I had half a dozen emails requesting I leave feedback so I gave him a positive "good service, (happy now?)" Next day he gives me a neutral "took ages to leave feedback and when he did left a really sarky and unneeded comment" aww diddums, looks like I hurt his feelings.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 16 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were feeling particularly nasty, you could set up a new anonymous account, bid on and win one of the sellers items, then leave bad feedback Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:31 - 17 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a decent volume seller this is bad news as it makes the feedback system practically defunkt and for a lot of volume sellers having a decent feedback percentage was a mark of a decent seller, now it means naff all :/
____________________
Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:31 - 17 May 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
I suppose at the end of the day it is a good thing as it weeds out the shit sellers from the good sellers.


But from a sellers side there are also poor buyers.....

I was once selling a series of kids books and listed the books under the title of Horrid Henry which is who the books are about, now one book in the series has that as the title and the rest do not. This guy buys the book and next thing i know its back on my doorstep.... No contact from him at all, so i email him and he says its not what he ordered as its horrid henry at XX and he wanted horrid henry.... Well in the description it was made very clear just what the FULL title of the book was and had pics clearly showing it.
Now this prat left me neg feedback because he never read anything other than the title.... And took his bat and ball home as i did refund him (very gen guy me) but took 50p for postage and packing... It was sold postage free...
If he had contacted me 1st i might have been more helpful to him, like just resell it mate and take some profit.
So with prats like that and no come back avaiable its not good.

Also remember that the sending charge is not just postage it also included PACKING, have you seen the price of jiffy bags and that bubblewrap these days. Wink
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 18 years, 144 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.8 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.96 Kb