|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Renton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Renton World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:36 - 24 Feb 2009 Post subject: Grooming Question |
 |
|
OK so this is mainly aimed at the guys here, but ladies, if you have any info you'd like to share, please feel free.
Does anyone else suffer from in growing hairs after they shave?
I try to avoid have a full wet shave as much as possible because when it grows back I get loads of in growing hairs on my neck....and they are fucking irritating. I find it very un pleasant because when they grow inwards and get infected they end up as a spot.
I've heard all the usual "exfoliate", "use a special razor", "wash your face before", tips that are supposed to work. Well my brother does all of them!! I honestly wouldn't want to know how much it all costs, because it still doesn't work.
So does anyone have a 'routine' that seems to prevent them?
I'm currently using tweezers to remove the offending hairs, but that's no massage. ____________________ This is my motorcycle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
Without me, my motorcycle is useless. Without my motorcycle, I am useless. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:45 - 24 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Dry shave with a leccy razor? , they don't give a very close shave and thus avoid in grown hairs....
You could always get a shave like they do in Iran ie thread it out. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Renton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Renton World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ncrn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ncrn World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:02 - 24 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mine is to have a very hot shower before hand, make sure it is a fairly long shower as well so all of your pores loosen up, really clean your face as well. Then as I get out start filling the sink with very hot water, and put some decent quality shaving foam on and massage it in well.
Then make sure the razor is cleaned well in the water and heated a bit and carefully shave, don't put a lot of pressure on just try to glide over the face.
When its all gone clean your face with hot water, then straight after splash all over with cold water. Its a bit of a shock but it helps, I then use some aftershave balm and job done.
Are you shaving with or against the grain of your hairs? You can tell by running your hand over your face and feeling for the rougher direction of travel. ____________________ Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:09 - 24 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I get in the shower, get out, shave, whack on some after shave, done. Never had a problem with ingrowing hairs or shaving rash.
I'm a man. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Renton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Renton World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:13 - 24 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I tend to have odd cleaning habbits, a routine of the way I do things (I won't elabirate), but in short I shave first, then have a shower.
I've always wanted one of those old shaving brushes (not sure of the name of them). They look like a make up brush but it's oviously for massaging in the shaving foam/cream/gel.
https://img.alibaba.com/photo/11249110/Shaving_Brush.jpg
And maybe a cut throat to go along with it
Whenever I do have a proper wet shave I do use Nivea (for men ) after shave balm for sensitive skin....crap. My sister bought me sum years ago and have always used it.
I'm not sure which way you'd call which, but I shave up the neck, and down the cheeks. If that makes sense. ____________________ This is my motorcycle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
Without me, my motorcycle is useless. Without my motorcycle, I am useless. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Renton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Renton World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Azonicben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Azonicben Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 22 Aug 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Renton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Renton World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| panrider_uk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 panrider_uk World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Sep 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mooserx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mooserx Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mooserx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mooserx Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr.Everready |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nicky-Jano |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nicky-Jano Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 20 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:39 - 24 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Helpful Linky?
I watched that 10 Years Younger programme the other week and it had a fella on there. They took him off to the Barber for a proper shave and the strict no-nos were tweezing and shaving against the hair growth  ____________________ 'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kwaks |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kwaks I'm not a fast rider

Joined: 28 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:20 - 24 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Was gonna say, always shave in the direction of growth, I have lost count of the times I have seen people shave under the chin against the growth
And, yes use hot water to wet face before lathering, but it is essential that you use cold water to rinse off the razor during, hot will blunt it. ____________________ Fallen Angel "Nae sniffing my seat now!!!!! "
www.cliqueycuntsmcc.co.uk
I AM NOT A FAST RIDER!!!!!!!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:24 - 24 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Simple answer..
Don't shave.
Grow a beard  ____________________ Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am...... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 03:02 - 25 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I shave in the shower - saves time cleaning up too, straight down the drain hole. No mirrors, obviously, but I know my own face well enough to do the job.
I also take my electric toothbrush in the shower - brush teeth whilst rinsing hair.
Occassionally I bang one off in the shower too. Again, straight down the drainhole, wash while you wank.
It's all about saving time. No one - man or woman - should spend more than 30 minutes a day doing all this shit. After 30 minutes in the bathroom, a woman's attractiveness increases minute byminute, but a man's decreases.
This is despite of all your daft "manly" products with their daft "manly" brandnames. The health and beauty industry is trying to colonise the male body - given masculine names, and a masculine tone to tradiotnal female products there's no further area of the female body to exploit (where to go after scented pussy sprays? It's all been done now). ____________________ no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Renton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Renton World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:52 - 25 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
iooi an stinkwheel.....you hippies lol. I have a 0.5 hair cut, I'm not about to grow a beard to look like Captain Spalding.
Tonka, thanks for that. The narrators accent was very annoying, but the information was helpful none the less.
As I shaved the other night, my neck is now covered in the mutant hairs. I'm not so fussed about the pain of them, this I can deal with, but I'm a bit of a clean freak and I hate that it looks like I'm covered in dirty spots....when they are not just spots.
mooserx, ta, shall try an get down there to see what is available.
Would reply to the rest who have posted but I've got to go out.
Thanks for all the info and tips guys (and gal) . ____________________ This is my motorcycle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine.
Without me, my motorcycle is useless. Without my motorcycle, I am useless. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| superstacker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 superstacker Traffic Copper
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:16 - 25 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Surely i wasnt the only person who thought this was a thread about entraping underage girls on the internet??!
I'll get my coat  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 226 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|