|
|
| Author |
Message |
| warped one |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 warped one Banned

Joined: 25 Dec 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| smegballs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 smegballs World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:00 - 30 Sep 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Bittern wrote: | I tell different friends different things, no-one knows everything.... |
Mostly the same, I'm not sure i'd need all the fingers of one hand to count how many people know me through and through, and this counts for people I've known 20+ years. This is largely due to knowing who can keep their fucking mouths shut and who can't, and as a patient observer, one tends to find that theres probably less than 1% of the people you know who truly know how to keep your business out of their mouths, which is easily done by planting your own false rumours and seeing how they circulate.
Then of course there are some things which will never leave the recesses of my mind, so no one will truly ever know everything there is to know about me I guess.
Not that it matters much, most times I have a problem or am stressed out about something, I'll solve the problem myself one way or another, it builds character, failing that theres always my bro to turn to.
I'll often rant to the missus, but it's not for the sake of advise per se, it's more that when venting out loud, it helps put things in perspective and calculate things, so by the time I've finished my monologue I already know what I'm going to do about it.
GhostRider |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mooserx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mooserx Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:47 - 30 Sep 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't tell anyone anything, not even my parents. Never been close enough to a girlfriend or friend to open up truthfully and not sure I even would, well, maybe if I was getting married then I might share a bit  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Skudd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Skudd Super Spammer

Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:44 - 30 Sep 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm a fairly open person as some people will know from the shite i tell them
I have 1 mate (yep, just the one ) that knows basically everything. Known each other since we started our apprenticeship (So 4 years ago) but are brilliant mates, you would think we were brothers.
For some reason i tell him everything, well i don't go out to tell him to everything but i certainly don't hide anything from him. Its the same way with him aswell.
The people that know the least about me/i tell them the least is probably my family, not sure why. ____________________ It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| J0Al1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 J0Al1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| el_oso |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 el_oso World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hazylogic |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hazylogic World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Feb 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:18 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fuck all. If I think you need to know, you'll be told. And no, I don't Facetube because I'm not an emotionally stunted attention seeker who needs the validation of the equally worthless.
On the other hand, I may have just told you all something about myself...
Or have I?  ____________________ "That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ytrewq321 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ytrewq321 Renault 5 Driver
Joined: 19 Apr 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:52 - 22 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
"careless talk costs lives" that is true,
i dont tell anyone anything, and the people at work know hardly anything , but and heres the annoying thing, everyone tells me about themselves ive got more indepth knowledge about people at work than there are grains of sand on the beach  ____________________ Honda CG125 BR-S 1995 + cg125 W |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Devans |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Devans Spanner Monkey

Joined: 14 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lofty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lofty Spanner Monkey

Joined: 01 Aug 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pernig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pernig World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Jul 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:59 - 27 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Most people I will tell trivial things, but there are a lot of things I keep to myself, or at least from the majority of people. I usually won't have a problem telling my Dad about things, also I have a few close mates (again a case of fingers on one hand) who I can tell things and I know it will go no further, because they have the same temperament me.
I remember at work a few months ago there was a lot of stirrage going on. Things to do with who'd slept with who, beans being inadvertently spilt over people's relationship troubles and alleged backstabbing etc actually regarding work itself. It was actually like being in a soap, I have never witnessed interactions between people go on like this before. In fact it was actually like being back at school!
There was a certain person I worked with who I wasn't too close to but on fag breaks etc would tell me everything about their business and everyone else's. Anything I didn't hear about I would hear about from another certain person soon enough! It seems some people really do get a 'buzz' from gossip, be it theirs or that of others.
There is no way I would tell anyone about my personal life in the depth this person did unless I knew them very well indeed! I would tell people my personal life from the past, but to me once you have experienced something, made the decisions you had to make, and it has come to an end, it becomes a character building story and helps round your personality.
Speaking of having people of the opposite sex close to you as a friend, before my last long term relationship there were a few girls I used to knock about with (I was that post-adolescent age where you start interacting with the opposite sex more and let your guard down and 'put your differences aside' so to speak). When I got into the relationship, they all stopped making the effort bar maybe one as I was naive enough to think that friendship was all they wanted from me (they were all younger than me, and I had just gotten past that stage of hanging about with girls just to try and get into bed with them, so I'm guessing this was a similar sort of thing). One of them, who admittedly did have a crush on me before, got very jealous and we didn't speak until after I had split up with my girlfriend. Since then I have not been able to trust girls with private affairs as I am afraid of their motives, although this could just be a coincidence as I haven't met any that I can trust yet. I do still get on with and have no problem with women in general, though.
The way I see it, no matter how 'pure' a lifestyle you lead, there will always be things that will ode you better to hold back from others. Obviously certain things you can only tell to certain people, for instance you can't really tell your family about your sex life! Also some things you can write on a forum that lots of people you don't know will see, that you can't tell your closest friends.
In addition, I think anyone who bottles things up is a time-bomb waiting to go off. I have been through this first hand and when the shit hits the fan and you NEED to tell someone about what you've been keeping to yourself it makes it so much more awkward, and the person getting hurt the most is always you. If you are open about your feelings and thoughtful at versing your opinions you can avoid that and reach a happy balance. ____________________ H100 Breaking for spares |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Noggin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Noggin Traffic Copper

Joined: 27 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheDonUK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheDonUK World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Feb 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:17 - 27 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
People carry too much baggage. Im one of those people that deal with others on an ad-hoc basis, that is to say however they present themselves i deal with them as that person. I dont really want to know if anyone stuck a banana up your bum as a kid or whatever...
Bottling up for the win  ____________________ [Current Bikes - GSXR-750 K5 & C90-97 ] [Previous Bikes: Runner 125, YBR 125, GS500, Bandit 600, Hornet 600, ZX6R-99, C90-99, R1-99, XT600E-04, GSXR-750 K4, CRF250L '16] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 344 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|