|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Stalk |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stalk Brolly Dolly

Joined: 26 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:16 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: If I was a traffic policeman...... |
 |
|
There are always a few complaints from all road users about being prosecuted for breaking the laws, be it stupid parking to 150 mph on the M1. Now the rules are genaraly well known (and if you don't then maybe you should read your highway code again ) and they are often black and white.
Now I personaly would be very exact on 30 limits in residental areas, 35 and I would give you a ticket. But on clear NSL roads I would exersise common sense and conditions allowing at 3AM on a deserted dual carrigeway or clear motorway if someones doing 120ish I would probably not bother.
So, if you where traffic police, what would you do different?
(I was so bored today)
Cheers
Stalk. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarkJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarkJ World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:56 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
If I was a traffic policeman I'd stop every car that had fog lights on when it isn't foggy and fine them, and every driver seen on their mobiles would be stopped, dragged out of their cars and zapped 3 times.
Job's a good'un!  ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:04 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
The problem with 'foglights' is sometimes they aren't actually the fog lights on.
A lot of cars nowadays, the fog lights come on when you turn your sidelights/headlights on, although it isn't the higher W bulb/filament lighting up, seen it on quite a few cars
Although i know what you mean, theres one prick at my work that drives an mr2 (roadstar aswell, we think he is actually a fag...sits down to piss ffs!) and thinks it's the bees knees and owns the road. Drives with his foglights and headlights on when it's sunny/perfect visibility. Although we had the last laugh when he had his roof down (when it was overcast, told you he was a knob) and it started pissing it down, was bouncing a few feet off the road. He pulled over to put his roof up but for some reason it wouldn't stay clipped up and kept falling down. He had giant puddles in his car, it was hilarious  ____________________ It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SlimRick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SlimRick World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Barry_M2 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Barry_M2 World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Sep 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:32 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would nick anyone who sat at traffic lights / junction with their foot on the brake, blinding me while behind them. I mean, is it that f**king hard to put your handbrake on?!
When people do this now, I just sit there with full beam on until they realise!  ____________________ ZXR750R (M2) - For the road.
CBR1000 RR4 - For the track.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4332 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:36 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
To be honest i do that unless i'm quite far back in the cue or if i know i won't be moving in a few seconds - 10 seconds.
Although i never do it when it's getting dull/dark if there is someone behind me. Well, if they are blinding me with badly adjusted headlights, i'll stick my fog light on and hold my brakes on just to piss them off  ____________________ It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| P.addy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 P.addy Red Rocket
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:29 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd book the wanker in the Audi that drives around the estate at night, constantly slowing down then speeding up just to hear the sound of his exhaust. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:30 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bubbs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bubbs World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| warped one |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 warped one Banned

Joined: 25 Dec 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:24 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would stop OAP's that see it fine to do 30 on NSL's and pull into the middle of the road when anyone tries to over take,
Any chav boi that has a loud exhaust on a shyte car,
Any biker who can't wheelie properly,
I'd also use alot of discretion with bikers,
But on the Lights subject, I have 2 mini fog lights on the front of my bike which give off 110w, wired into my low beam with a switch, so anyone who is stupid enough to leave theirs on when i'm coming up to them gets 145w + the pass button (55w) making 200w shone in their face which has worked quite well in my village where everyone used to leave high beams on to bikes, but now they turn them off immediately, RESULT
Warped ____________________ amnesia - Never in the history of usernames has one been more accurate. Warped indeed. You sir are a fecking oddball. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Syx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Syx World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daemonoid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daemonoid World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jun 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:52 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Handbrakes:
In manuals - use the hand brake, you can move away quicker and it stops you accidentally rolling.
In a semi automatic, use the foot brake - it engages the anti roll system so you don't roll back while the gear engages.
In an auto, the handbrake is often not strong enough to hold the car in place, and engaging / disengaging park is time consuming so use the foot brake. ____________________ current: ducati monster 750
past: hyosung gt250r, bajaj pulsar 180, hyosung gt 125 comet
@thomasgarrard | www.straitjkt.com | www.racingseven.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:05 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Syx wrote: | | Damofo D.O.G. wrote: | It's generally the dipshits who put their handbrake on who waste 5 secs after the lights turn green taking the damn thing off, finding first and going. |
Disagree.
By using the handbrake I can pre-engage both the clutch and the accelerator before the light changes without creeping forwards, and as a result get a faster pull-away than someone who has to keep one foot on the brake pedal, as all I have to do is drop the handbrake.
And for a really speedy getaway, you can be holding the handbrake yourself, rather than on the ratchet. |
Yup, agree on all points there, although I personally don't like wearing my clutch out for no reason.
How come I get away faster than 90% of others at the lights then, even when I'm in my shitbox?
Simples, because they are not paying attention, which was one of my points.
Regardless of whether or not one way is actually faster if you're paying attention, sitting behind someone with your main beam on (a MUCH brighter light source than any brake light) is a twattish thing to do.
As I said, I'll stick the HB on if it's dark and a long hold, it can be annoying for long periods looking at brakelights, I agree. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| RatBlack |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 RatBlack Nitrous Nuisance

Joined: 24 Dec 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:26 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
If I were a Traffic Cop.... hang on I am
As it happens today I did stop people for using a mobile phone whilst driving, having fogs on for no reason and a moped on L plates with a pillion.
There are many annoyances on the road and if I see poor or dangerous driving then I will have a polite word. ____________________ Robocop "Dead or alive, you're coming with me." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| WildGoose |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 WildGoose White Van Man

Joined: 21 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:43 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: | In an auto, the handbrake is often not strong enough to hold the car in place, and engaging / disengaging park is time consuming so use the foot brake. |
Surely a handbrake is a handbrake, regardless of the transmission type?
If it isn't strong enough to hold the car in place, it isn't adjusted correctly.
I would discourage the average moron from using the handbrake, as it takes them too damn long to get moving again. I'll put up with brake lights in my face when stationary. I find brake lights far more annoying when you are following someone who isn't confident in using the gears to control the car speed, on a windy country road for example, or is following someone too closely and is constantly on the anchors.
I am an angry driver, If I was a traffic cop, I would pull over everyone who isn't meeting the speed limit without good reason.
At this time of year being blinded by oncoming high beams are the most irritating thing, isn't much you can do about enforcing that though tbh.
Just have a quiet mutter to myself about the incompetence of those who cannot drive without turning night into day. ____________________ So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Syx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Syx World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pie-Roe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pie-Roe World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 21:30 - 15 Jan 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
| ms51ves3 wrote: | | Barry_MC21 wrote: | I would nick anyone who sat at traffic lights / junction with their foot on the brake, blinding me while behind them. I mean, is it that f**king hard to put your handbrake on?!
When people do this now, I just sit there with full beam on until they realise!  |
I'm being taught to keep my foot on the brake when at traffic lights. |
| Quote: | 114
You MUST NOT
* use any lights in a way which would dazzle or cause discomfort to other road users, including pedestrians, cyclists and horse riders
* use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves to avoid dazzling other road users (see Rule 226)
In stationary queues of traffic, drivers should apply the parking brake and, once the following traffic has stopped, take their foot off the footbrake to deactivate the vehicle brake lights. This will minimise glare to road users behind until the traffic moves again. |
If I'm honest whenever I'm stopped at traffic lights I'm not paying attention to what's going on. I haven't driven for a month now, but I'm pretty sure I just brake with the footbrake and if it's a level surface take my foot off the brake without putting the handbrake on.
Pyro ____________________ Previous: GSF600, FZR600 x2, ZXR750, XT600 Tenere, CB125, CZ125, ETZ 250, ER5, CCM R30, DRZ400, RF600x4, RF900x2, GS500, VTR1000F, 640 SMC, CB250 NIGHTHAWK, GT550x3, GPX750 TE610, CB500, X11x2, SV650, ZING 125, TL1000R,CB250 Superdream, CBR1100XX |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 264 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|