|
|
| Author |
Message |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:45 - 13 Jan 2011 Post subject: My 1993 cbr600f |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:47 - 13 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Didn't even notice the streaks of dirt down the side at the front when I was looking at it, looks pretty bad in the pictures  ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| clancy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 clancy World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:09 - 13 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
looks tidy mate me like ____________________ KLX 300r |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:12 - 13 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thanks
Pictures definitely do it a favour at the moment, the winter hasn't been too kind on it!
It will be back up to tip top condition come the spring though  ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| clancy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 clancy World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:19 - 13 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
same, my bikes all dirty its been raining for over a week solid though so i cant clean her ____________________ KLX 300r |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| .Bishbash. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 .Bishbash. World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Sep 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:03 - 13 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Saw this on your FB profile, looks rather tasty! Get it for a good price? ____________________ Current bike - GSX-R1000 k8 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:10 - 13 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Saw that you liked it
Cost me £1000 on the dot, was about 32,000 miles on the clock when I got it. Needed a new set of tyres at 34,000 but other than that it has been perfect  ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ciar?n |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ciar?n World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:18 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Been warned about the reg/rec problems, seems to be all right at the moment.
The CCT is rattling a bit but it has been for about 2,000 miles now and doesn't seem to be getting much worse so I'm ignoring it for the time being. When I get the money from my ZZR crash back in October I may do a few little things to it, it's due a major service at 36,000 so I'm in two minds as to whether to do the work myself or to pay the local independent spanner monkey, other than that perhaps braided lines and I would like to get the suspension sorted.
I am properly happy with it so I will probably keep it for the foreseeable future  ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MinhDinh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MinhDinh World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:24 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Pretty fast bike and loud exhaust that! Oh and conan maybe we could do a ace cafe thing on a friday soon. Speak to my friends but atm we are planning a mcn show thing, up for it? ____________________ Hit the G spot.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:30 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just checked out the dates on google, looks good to me, let me know if you are going  ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MinhDinh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MinhDinh World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:45 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
I am going on sunday at 11 am, the gsxr guy has to leave by 4 pm so we had to go in early lol. Yep the excel, closer to me:) that a good date for you? ____________________ Hit the G spot.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| StevenF |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 StevenF World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:51 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice F2 you go there, mine is a 1991, love it Haven't seen many with the seat cowl on, seems to be an after market seat as well?
Looks pretty clean, would take off the sticker residue off the swing arm though (if you haven't already that is)
The regulator went on mine, caused me several break downs on the side of the road!
How's your headers? Are they original? I had to replace mine with a stainless steel set as they were blowing out their arse! It sounded terrible! ____________________ My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ciar?n |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ciar?n World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:14 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mine had a seat cowl, and the seat look's stock.
I had mine recovered before i sold it.
As for the CCT, it's a loud rattly bar steward, even if you replace it.
My F2 (i know the knew owner)
Is still going strong, and still rattles like a mofo!
Oh, and sounds better with a stubby, i had yoshimura downpipes =P
https://vimeo.com/6109499 ____________________ 22/8/08 A2 Passed! Full License Biatch!
Past: Suzuki CS50, Gilera Ice 50, Gilera Runner 125SP, CBR 600 F2, CBR600 F4i, CBR 600RR5, |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| StevenF |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 StevenF World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:25 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Ciar?n wrote: | Mine had a seat cowl, and the seat look's stock.
I had mine recovered before i sold it.
As for the CCT, it's a loud rattly bar steward, even if you replace it.
My F2 (i know the knew owner)
Is still going strong, and still rattles like a mofo!
Oh, and sounds better with a stubby, i had yoshimura downpipes =P
https://vimeo.com/6109499 |
I'll have a listen later, my speakers aren't working on my laptop! Mine are just motad ones, but are still good quality.
Mine also rattles occasionally (although I've not ridden in about 2 months!) it's embarrassing! I don't want the hassle of fitting a manual one, but at the same time, don't want to fit a replacement for it to rattle again in a couple of hundred miles. ____________________ My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 03:08 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Makes mine sound quiet and mine is fooking loud!
Don't know if they are originals but the downpipes definitely aren't stainless, they were mint when I got it though, not a spec of rust, not so much any more though now the salt has had its way
I see the stunter was originally the same colour as mine, or at least the side panels were. Only found pictures of one other bike in the same colour, seems to be quite a rare colour scheme.
Also my seat is standard, the pillion cover is the same for our shape and the 1995+ bike too, I got it with the bike so I have no idea how much they go for. ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| StevenF |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 StevenF World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Apr 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:17 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| c_dug wrote: | Been warned about the reg/rec problems, seems to be all right at the moment.
The CCT is rattling a bit but it has been for about 2,000 miles now and doesn't seem to be getting much worse so I'm ignoring it for the time being. When I get the money from my ZZR crash back in October I may do a few little things to it, it's due a major service at 36,000 so I'm in two minds as to whether to do the work myself or to pay the local independent spanner monkey, other than that perhaps braided lines and I would like to get the suspension sorted.
I am properly happy with it so I will probably keep it for the foreseeable future  |
If you do go to pay for the work I know a great bloke, by the huntsman and hounds in Upminster, he was the one that sorted my TDM clutch out. He is very good and cheap, I'm getting all my services done by him in future. ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:55 - 14 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yup that would be great if you don't mind, if my bike isn't on the drive then just pop it through the letter box  ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|