Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My 1993 cbr600f

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:45 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: My 1993 cbr600f Reply with quote

Had it a while but I've only ever had the pictures from the ebay ad.

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/paddy2007dug/CBR600F/leftsiderear.jpg

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/paddy2007dug/CBR600F/Picture015.jpg

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/paddy2007dug/CBR600F/Picture016.jpg

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/paddy2007dug/CBR600F/Picture017.jpg

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/paddy2007dug/CBR600F/Picture018.jpg

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/paddy2007dug/CBR600F/Picture019.jpg

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/paddy2007dug/CBR600F/Picture020.jpg

https://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee81/paddy2007dug/CBR600F/rightsiderear.jpg
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.


Last edited by c_dug on 13:05 - 13 Jan 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:47 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't even notice the streaks of dirt down the side at the front when I was looking at it, looks pretty bad in the pictures Laughing
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

clancy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:09 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks tidy mate Smile me like
____________________
KLX 300r
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr. Green

Pictures definitely do it a favour at the moment, the winter hasn't been too kind on it!

It will be back up to tip top condition come the spring though Thumbs Up
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

clancy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:19 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

same, my bikes all dirty Sad its been raining for over a week solid though so i cant clean her
____________________
KLX 300r
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.Bishbash.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:03 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this on your FB profile, looks rather tasty! Get it for a good price?
____________________
Current bike - GSX-R1000 k8
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 13 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that you liked it Thumbs Up

Cost me £1000 on the dot, was about 32,000 miles on the clock when I got it. Needed a new set of tyres at 34,000 but other than that it has been perfect Mr. Green
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ciar?n
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:05 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me, that's what mine should of looked like!

Looks super clean mate.
Be weary of the electrics getting a little funny and the Reg/Rec is bound to shit itself at some point =)
____________________
22/8/08 A2 Passed! Full License Biatch!
Past: Suzuki CS50, Gilera Ice 50, Gilera Runner 125SP, CBR 600 F2, CBR600 F4i, CBR 600RR5,
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:18 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been warned about the reg/rec problems, seems to be all right at the moment.

The CCT is rattling a bit but it has been for about 2,000 miles now and doesn't seem to be getting much worse so I'm ignoring it for the time being. When I get the money from my ZZR crash back in October I may do a few little things to it, it's due a major service at 36,000 so I'm in two minds as to whether to do the work myself or to pay the local independent spanner monkey, other than that perhaps braided lines and I would like to get the suspension sorted.

I am properly happy with it so I will probably keep it for the foreseeable future Thumbs Up
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:24 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty fast bike and loud exhaust that! Oh and conan maybe we could do a ace cafe thing on a friday soon. Speak to my friends but atm we are planning a mcn show thing, up for it?
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:29 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

At excel? When is it and how much? Should be up for it, may be able to get a couple of others in too.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:30 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked out the dates on google, looks good to me, let me know if you are going Thumbs Up
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:45 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going on sunday at 11 am, the gsxr guy has to leave by 4 pm so we had to go in early lol. Yep the excel, closer to me:) that a good date for you?
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

StevenF
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:51 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice F2 you go there, mine is a 1991, love it Very Happy Haven't seen many with the seat cowl on, seems to be an after market seat as well?

Looks pretty clean, would take off the sticker residue off the swing arm though (if you haven't already that is)

The regulator went on mine, caused me several break downs on the side of the road!

How's your headers? Are they original? I had to replace mine with a stainless steel set as they were blowing out their arse! It sounded terrible!
____________________
My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ciar?n
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:14 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine had a seat cowl, and the seat look's stock.

I had mine recovered before i sold it.

As for the CCT, it's a loud rattly bar steward, even if you replace it.
My F2 (i know the knew owner)

Is still going strong, and still rattles like a mofo!

Oh, and sounds better with a stubby, i had yoshimura downpipes =P

https://vimeo.com/6109499
____________________
22/8/08 A2 Passed! Full License Biatch!
Past: Suzuki CS50, Gilera Ice 50, Gilera Runner 125SP, CBR 600 F2, CBR600 F4i, CBR 600RR5,
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

StevenF
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:25 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciar?n wrote:
Mine had a seat cowl, and the seat look's stock.

I had mine recovered before i sold it.

As for the CCT, it's a loud rattly bar steward, even if you replace it.
My F2 (i know the knew owner)

Is still going strong, and still rattles like a mofo!

Oh, and sounds better with a stubby, i had yoshimura downpipes =P

https://vimeo.com/6109499


I'll have a listen later, my speakers aren't working on my laptop! Mine are just motad ones, but are still good quality.

Mine also rattles occasionally (although I've not ridden in about 2 months!) it's embarrassing! I don't want the hassle of fitting a manual one, but at the same time, don't want to fit a replacement for it to rattle again in a couple of hundred miles.
____________________
My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:08 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Makes mine sound quiet and mine is fooking loud!

Don't know if they are originals but the downpipes definitely aren't stainless, they were mint when I got it though, not a spec of rust, not so much any more though now the salt has had its way Sad

I see the stunter was originally the same colour as mine, or at least the side panels were. Only found pictures of one other bike in the same colour, seems to be quite a rare colour scheme.

Also my seat is standard, the pillion cover is the same for our shape and the 1995+ bike too, I got it with the bike so I have no idea how much they go for.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:46 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinhDinh wrote:
I am going on sunday at 11 am, the gsxr guy has to leave by 4 pm so we had to go in early lol. Yep the excel, closer to me:) that a good date for you?


Sounds good, will PM you closer to the date Thumbs Up
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

StevenF
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:06 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Don't know if they are originals but the downpipes definitely aren't stainless, they were mint when I got it though, not a spec of rust, not so much any more though now the salt has had its way Sad

Also my seat is standard, the pillion cover is the same for our shape and the 1995+ bike too, I got it with the bike so I have no idea how much they go for.


Yea the weather is terrible. I've been a pussy and not took mine out for about a month and a half because of it, I don't want to ruin it!

So it's the same as an F3? I don't know whether I prefer it with or without it on Question
____________________
My Project - Honda CBR 600 F2/FM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:17 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Been warned about the reg/rec problems, seems to be all right at the moment.

The CCT is rattling a bit but it has been for about 2,000 miles now and doesn't seem to be getting much worse so I'm ignoring it for the time being. When I get the money from my ZZR crash back in October I may do a few little things to it, it's due a major service at 36,000 so I'm in two minds as to whether to do the work myself or to pay the local independent spanner monkey, other than that perhaps braided lines and I would like to get the suspension sorted.

I am properly happy with it so I will probably keep it for the foreseeable future Thumbs Up


If you do go to pay for the work I know a great bloke, by the huntsman and hounds in Upminster, he was the one that sorted my TDM clutch out. He is very good and cheap, I'm getting all my services done by him in future.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup saw you recommend them/him in another thread, JAPS services right?

Thats who I was going to go for.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Yup saw you recommend them/him in another thread, JAPS services right?

Thats who I was going to go for.


Yeah he is a top bloke, I still can't believe how cheap it all was.

He replaced the clutch basket fitted rear brake pads had the sump off, fished all the bits of clutch out of the engine, he them put it all together like a jigsaw to make sure he had all the bits. He also fitted a scottoiler dual injector. I had all the parts except the new clutch steels which he got (which are about £70) and the whole lot cost £195 which was for labour and clutch steels the bike hasn't missed a beat since. I was expecting loads more TBH.

If you want I could drop one of his cards round this weekend.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:55 - 14 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup that would be great if you don't mind, if my bike isn't on the drive then just pop it through the letter box Thumbs Up
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Pictures All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.34 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 123.96 Kb