Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What happened here then?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Jonathan A
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: What happened here then? Reply with quote

I was going along a duel carriageway earlier this evening at a normal speed in the left hand lane. I saw a little blue car going very slowly, waiting to pull out of a slip road. I assessed the situation; couldn't change lanes, and the car behind was too close to make it safe to slow down to a slow enough speed, so I kept going. As I got close the car, it began to pull out Shocked at this point the only safe thing to do was accelerate and swerve round it. As I went round it, the driver beeped at me Confused

For the next two miles or so the car was behind me flashing at me. To try and get away I turned off at the next village...the car kept following me, still flashing it's headlights. When I turned onto a housing estate, it drove past whilst beeping the horn.

The only thing I can think of is that the driver was drunk, had no grasp of the highway code, or was just in a bit of a state Confused I'm still trying to think what I might have done wrong (I checked my headlight was working).

I am aware that the forum is flooded with posts like this, But I am genuinely confused Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:39 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You encountered a nob.Clapping
Ignore and carry on.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jonathan A
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have encountered many a nob in my year on the road, but never such nobbery as this! I really am convinced that I did something wrong
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J.M.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were obviously travelling at 9000mph and almost crashed in to the side of his car, you disgraceful person you.

What you did wrong was not stopping and force feeding his horn to him and shoving his headlight bulbs up his arse. Very Happy
____________________
2004 R1 & 2018 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jonathan A
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:59 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two nobs don't make a well...right. I dont think Confused It was my right of way however one would look at it I suppose
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Huambo81a
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan A wrote:
Two nobs don't make a well...right. I dont think Confused It was my right of way however one would look at it I suppose


What size bike do you ride?
____________________
Present: 2017 KTM Super Adventure S
Past: 97 Bandit 600 / 05 Bandit 1200 / 03 ZX6-R / 2006 Tuono R / 2001 VFR 800 / 2010 Street Triple R / 2013 Speed Triple S / 2017 S1000XR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jonathan A
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:40 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 650 v twin, with a stupidly loud exhaust, which could have been an aggravating factor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Huambo81a
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:45 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonathan A wrote:
It's a 650 v twin, with a stupidly loud exhaust, which could have been an aggravating factor


Ah ok. My response WAS going to be that this probably happens to us all, but when you are on a larger bike you don't notice because you're fast as fuck. But you are on a large bike.

Just a knob I guess. Did you cut back in front of him at all? Not that this would justify his wankerness.
____________________
Present: 2017 KTM Super Adventure S
Past: 97 Bandit 600 / 05 Bandit 1200 / 03 ZX6-R / 2006 Tuono R / 2001 VFR 800 / 2010 Street Triple R / 2013 Speed Triple S / 2017 S1000XR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he took umbrage at your tweed blazer?? I personally consider it a quite elegant piece of attire - though a little on the drab side, if I may be so bold. Mr. Green

But if you really want to know what happened here then I do actually think I can tell you. What happened was that you came across an actual dyed in the wool tosser that required a good, solid throat punching and a swift right hook to the ball bag with an armoured biking glove.
____________________
"Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent."

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jonathan A
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't cut back in I dont think, I passed along side the car, which came to a stop after I avoided it
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 08 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT wrote:
You encountered a nob.Clapping
Ignore and carry on.


Pretty much this.

Couple of points:

I can't think of any time that I checked my mirrors and thought it was not safe to slow down. Onus is on the guy behind etc and generally, they will slow if you do, especially since they will also have seen the car on the slip road.

Be more pre-emptive. Where did you think that car was going except into your lane? If you couldn't slow down as you say, you could have speeded up to get past the car before it needed to join.

Oh, if you're getting buzzed by a nutter - stay on the busy road where there's witnesses. Don't go turning off and get stuffed into a hedge when there's no-one around.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Huambo81a
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:08 - 09 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete. wrote:
HT wrote:
You encountered a nob.Clapping
Ignore and carry on.


Pretty much this.

Couple of points:

I can't think of any time that I checked my mirrors and thought it was not safe to slow down. Onus is on the guy behind etc and generally, they will slow if you do, especially since they will also have seen the car on the slip road.

Be more pre-emptive. Where did you think that car was going except into your lane? If you couldn't slow down as you say, you could have speeded up to get past the car before it needed to join.

Oh, if you're getting buzzed by a nutter - stay on the busy road where there's witnesses. Don't go turning off and get stuffed into a hedge when there's no-one around.


Have to agree.

It's a cliche, but ride like you're invisible. In every situation have an escape route, and if in doubt knock off some speed and be prepared to GTFO of there.

I have succumbed to the red mist before, where I was made so angry I lost my judgement and calm. This resulted in a tank slapper which I managed to save with luck (although somehow scraped the INSIDE of my knee) I stopped and gave myself a massive telling off. I was a dick.

So yeah, there really are some pricks out there.
____________________
Present: 2017 KTM Super Adventure S
Past: 97 Bandit 600 / 05 Bandit 1200 / 03 ZX6-R / 2006 Tuono R / 2001 VFR 800 / 2010 Street Triple R / 2013 Speed Triple S / 2017 S1000XR
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jonathan A
Crazy Courier



Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 09 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe he took umbrage at your tweed blazer?? I personally consider it a quite elegant piece of attire - though a little on the drab side, if I may be so bold.

But if you really want to know what happened here then I do actually think I can tell you. What happened was that you came across an actual dyed in the wool tosser that required a good, solid throat punching and a swift right hook to the ball bag with an armoured biking glove.


It is a stylish number Wink doesn't suit by bike though Sad I'm thinking of lining on with kevlar and adding armor Razz

Very helpful advice btw even though it was 'my right of way' there is always room for rider improvement Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

suburban myth
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:30 - 09 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot him. Move on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bodger
Nova Slayer



Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:52 - 09 Jun 2013    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many car drivers try to join dual carriage ways and motorways much too slowly without trying too match the speed of the flow. The onus is on the vehicle on the sliproad to slot in without causing other vehicles problems. The offending blue car in this case made a bollocks and put you in a potentially dangerous situation.
If there was no other way to avoid a collision you were probably right to overtake. Difficult I know somtimes with cars overtaking you on the outside lane.
Having come across the same situation myself over the years follow above advice and ignore the tosser and watch out for the dreaded red mist. Can be fatal.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 13 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.58 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 87.2 Kb