Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Honda NSR 125 knocking

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

fanax
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 24 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 24 Mar 2014    Post subject: Honda NSR 125 knocking Reply with quote

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my bad English, it is not my first language.

Ok, I'm have a problem. After top-end rebuild, I hear knocking sound at low rpm, until I reach 4000rpm's.

I hope it is not big end bearing?
I'm not changed small end bearing, but before rebuild there were no such sounds.

Here is video of my NSR sound, and little end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc5a7iR9RF4&list=UUsORh6AhgOI05_cN4DTxyQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzYJWnjgr60&list=UUsORh6AhgOI05_cN4DTxyQA


Thanks Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

fanax
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 24 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
What did you change? Was it re-bored? if so did you modify the head gasket's inner circumference? Has the head been modified, if so was the plug raised with washers before and not now?

Did you rebuild after any piston/ring damage? Maybe there's still a bit of piston/ring, which could have been lurking in the crank but is now bouncing around in the combustion chamber

It does sound top end, rather than main bearings.


I changed piston, rings. I did honing. I looked, head gasked is ok, piston isn't touching it. Plug was raised, and i kept it raised.

I rebuild it, because the compression was low. Everything else was in good condition.


I don't know what check. I looked at power valve, but it is ok.


What you can say about small end from video? Connecting rod is straight, just video is distorted. But I worry because bearing is moving sideways, and I don't know is this right?

I'm newbie at motorcycles Very Happy This is my first.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

fanax
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 24 Mar 2014
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rebuild it a few days ago. Piston is from "Meteor" 53.95cm (A). The old one has not been marked, so I think it was original. Engine does 14000km.

Have any ideas?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

alains
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 25 Mar 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you ckeck the side play of the conrod bid end ? it should be 0.4 to 0.7 mm . the small end play is normal
the other thing to Watch is the balancer bearing
____________________
the worst day fishing is better than the best day working
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.52 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 50.29 Kb