Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Really lost it with my neighbour! totaly OTT

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Really lost it with my neighbour! totaly OTT Reply with quote

I really lost it with my neighbour. I came home and found he had moved his caravan in such a way it blocked my security camera that watches over my shed where I keep my bike. So I knock on his door and point this out and ask if he can move it back a couple of feet. He says no as the blossom from a tree is falling on the caravan and he's worried it will mark the caravan. At that point I absoliutely explode! I mean really over the top swearing and calling him an idiot etc. I feel so stupid about it.is because of work and i've taken it out on him. The thing that really worries me is this could have happened at work, with a client even and then I would really be up shit creek. I did go back and offer the guy an apolgy and understandably he didn't want to speak with me. Hopefully I can mend things over the next few days. Maybe write an apology letter as well. It was crazy though and the irony is I work for a charity.

Last edited by Ribenapigeon on 17:27 - 21 Jul 2015; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:51 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it shouldn't have made me laugh, but reading that did. Laughing .

I'm sure an apology and a few beers will sort it out.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slip a simple apology note into his door, and suggest a face-to-face in the near future and leave it at that. Thumbs Up When you do the face-to-face thing you can explain why you were so stressed...and why its important that your camera has access to your garage.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie Hitler wrote:
I know it shouldn't have made me laugh, but reading that did. Laughing .

I'm sure an apology and a few beers will sort it out.



The ridiculousness of it is half the shame. Plus the whole street probably heard me. The guy is thick though. But that's no excuse for my losing though I think a big part of what set me off was the frustration of knowing there's no way he could grasp the concept of how stupid his fear of tree blosom is. This is a guy who's convinced Chinese restaraunts and take aways are all cover for a Chines military fith column.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:18 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cover his caravan in blossom....
____________________
Honda CBF125 ➝ NC700X
Honda CBF125 ↳ Speed Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

FriendlyEllis
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 28 Dec 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Cover his caravan in blossom....


This...LOL!
____________________
Honda CB600F Hornet 2013 -> Kawasaki Z1000SX ABS Tourer 2015
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 May 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:19 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck him, his logic is retarded. Thumbs Up
____________________
The above post is most likely nonsensical.

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Cover his caravan in blossom....


He's worried the blossom will sit on the caravans roof and cause mold to grow. I thought about suggesting he use a copper sulphate wash to stop that or hang some copper wire over it. But just knowing he wouldent understand just pushed me further towards the brink.

This is why I don't work with people with learning difficulties.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Nov 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, you have enough insight through your work that your reaction this evening was out of character for you and that there must be a cause outside of anything anyone else has done.

I noticed your earlier post about your charity, which seems to indicate a level of frustration at work which could be causing you to be stressed.

FWIW my advice would be to think about anything you can change/raise at work or tackle in another way, to stop your stress level getting worse. It's no good for you! Or the people round you.

Take care

Marg Proops
X
____________________
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't suppose you caught the rage on a security camera?

If so.... YOUTUBE!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

metalangel
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Cover his caravan in blossom....


And put a note on it saying "CHELLY BROSSOM ATTACK, IMPELIARIST DOG! -Mr Chang"
____________________
Previous: 2002 Honda CB500 (sold), 2007 Suzuki SV650SK6 (crashed), 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer (sold). Currently bikeless Sad
"A faired bike will get you 10x more clunge than a unfaired one." -Marlboro Matt
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Don't suppose you caught the rage on a security camera?

If so.... YOUTUBE!


Sorry man you will have to just settle for re runs of the Kardashians for your entertainment tonight.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Seriously, you have enough insight through your work that your reaction this evening was out of character for you and that there must be a cause outside of anything anyone else has done.

I noticed your earlier post about your charity, which seems to indicate a level of frustration at work which could be causing you to be stressed.

FWIW my advice would be to think about anything you can change/raise at work or tackle in another way, to stop your stress level getting worse. It's no good for you! Or the people round you.

Take care

Marg Proops
X


Definately work shit is the cause. I'm going to tell my maneger about the incident tomorrow and take a weeks sick leave, hit the country on my bike and go chill at my folks.

Ta Marge
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:55 - 04 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm going to tell my maneger about the incident tomorrow and take a weeks sick leave


I wouldn't do that, just leave it at being stressed and take some time off.
____________________
"The guy is a worthless cunt and I honestly believe I would be a slightly happier person if he died." - Chris-Red
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:01 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job you don't live next to the Wolf

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=290713&start=0
____________________
Current Bike: 1999 Honda CB600 FX Hornet
Next Bike: I want a CBR-RR. And I want an F800 GS-A. And a VFR 800. Can I have all 3?
Dream Bikes: Honda VFR750R RC30, Honda NSR500, Ducati 996 R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:08 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
Quote:
I'm going to tell my maneger about the incident tomorrow and take a weeks sick leave


I wouldn't do that, just leave it at being stressed and take some time off.


Your probably right but I'm def going to see my Doc.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clutchy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daaaaamn, if I went to the doctor everytime I shouted at someone I'd barely have any time left in the day to shout at the other people!
____________________
Malaguti F12 Phantom-Dead, Suzuki AY50- Dead, NRG power DD LQ, CBR125.
*33 BHP restriction up on 10/12/14* Current bikes/car: SV 650 S/ MKIV GOLF
Guide to pass your test with no lessons!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:29 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clutchy wrote:
Daaaaamn, if I went to the doctor everytime I shouted at someone I'd barely have any time left in the day to shout at the other people!


I think you need to see a doctor. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:40 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've felt similar with stress at work, and managed to mainly keep it bottled at work and with the people I work with. Trouble is as soon as you leave work and anything goes wrong or someone acts unreasonable towards you or is rude, you can end up easily going off on one!

I've had a few road rage incidents on the way home from work in my fully livered works van, I'm not at all proud of it, and I consider myself a very steady considerate driver too. But the last time a guy in a Golf cut in-front of me, and caused me to have to swerve and brake very hard, I totally lost it, and in heavy traffic too. I went straight through a red light and was quite prepared to use my 3.5T van to run him off the road. I managed to calm down after less than a mile, but I was angry with myself then for driving like a total tosser right up behind him and trying to barge past busy rush hour traffic to make a point.

I had to take 2-3weeks off work last year with stress and went to the doc twice, mainly for a note, but he decided I needed anti-depressants and even after this and another health problem was sorted out, I've found it a right bastard trying to come off them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:50 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I've felt similar with stress at work, and managed to mainly keep it bottled at work and with the people I work with. Trouble is as soon as you leave work and anything goes wrong or someone acts unreasonable towards you or is rude, you can end up easily going off on one!

I've had a few road rage incidents on the way home from work in my fully livered works van, I'm not at all proud of it, and I consider myself a very steady considerate driver too. But the last time a guy in a Golf cut in-front of me, and caused me to have to swerve and brake very hard, I totally lost it, and in heavy traffic too. I went straight through a red light and was quite prepared to use my 3.5T van to run him off the road. I managed to calm down after less than a mile, but I was angry with myself then for driving like a total tosser right up behind him and trying to barge past busy rush hour traffic to make a point.

I had to take 2-3weeks off work last year with stress and went to the doc twice, mainly for a note, but he decided I needed anti-depressants and even after this and another health problem was sorted out, I've found it a right bastard trying to come off them.


Well if there's one thing riding a bike teaches you its not to give in t road rage. I used to when I started but now nothing phazes me on the road.

You should look up the research on Anti depressants. They're basically shit. The dependence is largely psychological. Anti depressants are the drug scam of the 21st Century.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Llama-Farmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:07 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boozehawk wrote:


Well if there's one thing riding a bike teaches you its not to give in t road rage. I used to when I started but now nothing phazes me on the road.

You should look up the research on Anti depressants. They're basically shit. The dependence is largely psychological. Anti depressants are the drug scam of the 21st Century.


Antidepressants are addictive... more for the doctors than the patients. It seems they can't stop prescribing them, although possibly a lot of that is off-label use (not officially approved)
____________________
Current Bike: 1999 Honda CB600 FX Hornet
Next Bike: I want a CBR-RR. And I want an F800 GS-A. And a VFR 800. Can I have all 3?
Dream Bikes: Honda VFR750R RC30, Honda NSR500, Ducati 996 R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:26 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I were you, I'd let it lie.

You've already tried to apologise. He is still doing something you'd rather he didn't. Leave it as it is for now.

As for time off, just pull a sicky (whooping malaria, green monkey disease, armed insurgency of the bowel... who cares) for a day or two. Or get a doctors note with something vague.

As said though, parting somebodies hair for being stupid is one of life's few pleasures. Just don't do it too often ( Embarassed )
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dydey90
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:55 - 05 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have a paint diagram of caravan, bike, camera and tree locations?
____________________
This post is probably not serious and shouldn't be taken literally.
Past: CBR125,ER6f NINJA 650, ZZR600 Current: VFR750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:10 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should pre book weekly appointments for my regular calling of the bloke next door a nosy interfering old cnut.
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

unluckyluke
Nova Slayer



Joined: 01 Jul 2013
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:44 - 07 Jun 2014    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stress is for bridges my friend. Now get someone to steal his caravan and as a peace offering say you'll let him have the cctv footage
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 12 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.33 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.79 Kb