|
|
| Author |
Message |
| James83 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 James83 Crazy Courier
Joined: 10 Apr 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:30 - 04 Sep 2014 Post subject: Need a new oiler, anyone tried the Cameleon one? |
 |
|
I’m want a new oiler. Considering the usual tutoro and scottoiler, I like the look of the system, but its more than twice the price of the tutoro. I’ve just come across this in my googling: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cameleon-Oiler-lubricator-driven-vehicles/dp/B00JI6W7WG/, but there are no reviews. Looks to be American, Anyone used one? Any good? ____________________ Jonathan A wrote: tart. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:40 - 04 Sep 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hmmm.
Never heard of them before. Web site appears to be cameleonoiler.com.
There's no bricks and mortar address that I can see. Call me picky but that sets alarm bells ringing in my head (no I'm sure it's not tinnitus). No phone number either. Contact only via website form.
What sort of (legitimate) company is afraid to tell you where they are? I'm all in favour of startup businesses but I draw the line if they can't put some effort in and not look like a scam.
..but your post has reminded me I still need a chain oiler. Preferably before winter.
 ____________________ ...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| James83 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 James83 Crazy Courier
Joined: 10 Apr 2013 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:46 - 04 Sep 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
My thoughts exactly, hence the question. I'm not playing guinea pig here - if no ones used one on here, I'm not going to bother  ____________________ Jonathan A wrote: tart. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ninjabob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ninjabob Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 27 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| barrkel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 barrkel World Chat Champion
Joined: 30 Jul 2012 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:30 - 04 Sep 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I put the scottoiler e-system on my old ER6f. I took it off before I sold it, but my VFR came with a scottoiler v-system and I've not swapped them around.
Electronic oilers - judging by the esystem - are definitely better than gravity-based oilers, especially when touring. With big temperature differentials depending current weather, the oil viscosity can change quite a bit, and it's not difficult to dump all your chain oil in short order when using a setting suitable for a cool, rainy day in warm sunshine. I never had this problem with the esystem. ____________________ Bikes: S1000R, SH350; Exes: Vity 125, PS125, YBR125, ER6f, VFR800, Brutale 920, CB600F, SH300x4
Best road ever ridden: www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2MhNxUEYtQ |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wonko The Sane |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wonko The Sane World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jan 2013 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:54 - 04 Sep 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've got a loobman on my ZZR which I got quite annoyed with at first as I couldn't find anywhere for it to fit
It's currently fixed to the front of the pillion foot peg hanger and I clip my heel on it (it's a bit bulky tbh)
Since I don't carry a pillion it might get mounted on the hanger itself out of the way of my foot and in the way of a pillion foot for the above reason.
at £22 its quite good but requires some fettling to get working well and does drip a little bit now and then. ____________________ Looking to pass your CBT / Bike tests in Bury Lancashire? try www.focusridertraining.co.uk Would recommend.
They're also on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Focus-Rider-Training/196832923734251 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Islander |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Islander World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Aug 2012 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:59 - 04 Sep 2014 Post subject: |
 |
|
The PDOiler is very good, it uses a wick to deliver the oil rather than a nib and is electronically controlled.
Doddle to fit, doddle to set up too. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Pukka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Pukka Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 24 Oct 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| James83 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 James83 Crazy Courier
Joined: 10 Apr 2013 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Islander |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Islander World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Aug 2012 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kramdra |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kramdra World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Oct 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ninjabob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ninjabob Two Stroke Sniffer

Joined: 27 Nov 2010 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 12 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|