|
|
| Author |
Message |
| mattsmith95 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattsmith95 Traffic Copper
Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 00:07 - 12 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good news!
I might finally get some bits of my poor CBR back... (wishful thinking I know)
Let's hope that this kind of scanning continues and helps to diminish the market for stolen spares. ____________________ Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell!
www.bikepics.com/members/bella |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| theftvictim |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 theftvictim Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 03 Dec 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Keith |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Keith World Chat Champion
Joined: 24 Mar 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| natv4 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 natv4 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 31 Dec 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ratcliffe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ratcliffe Scooby Slapper

Joined: 19 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kwakagirl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kwakagirl L Plate Warrior
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:57 - 12 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I know we all complain about the police from time to time but they do sometimes make decisions in our favor. I was pulled over for speeding once (I had a GPZ250R at the time which has the most useless mirrors ever invented, the bike cop was sitting right behind me). I had P plates at the time and had been riding about 7 months. He informed me I had been doing 83km/h in the 60 zone (enough to lose your license). Well, when I took my helmet off he realised he was dealing with a blonde female not some boy racer I said I was very sorry but I'd only been riding a couple of months. He said, yes and that car did come out of the side street which probably scared you and there was a downhill slope so I guess it's understandable... He gave me 4 points and a fine for 65 in a 60 zone and told me to be more careful!!! The points were fine with me because I went onto my full license a few months later and got a clean slate
So the coppers aren't all bad. However I now avoid them like the plague because my ZX6R is far from road legal. Tell me really, what exactly does noise pollute???? If an indicator indicates does it really matter how close it is to your tail light? and if you don't speed does it really matter if you have no dash lights at 2 o'clock in the morning? ____________________ Bikes aren't dangerous, crashing is dangerous.
Choose life. Choose to ride. Choose your future. Choose bikes. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| natv4 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 natv4 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 31 Dec 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:27 - 12 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have a similar story. Got radar'd from about 1/2 mile away. They caught me doing 46 just before a 40 zone (i.e. 30 zone). I went passed them and thought everything was ok (I was only doing 30 when I saw them). Then after a couple mins I see the police bike in my mirrors, with lights on. I pull over. So does he. Doh!
I have a few friends who are coppers. They all say much the same. Get stopped and its a simple attitude test (unless you were being a complete tit).
He asked me how fast I was going. So I replied about 30 ish. He said, before that when you overtook the car. My stomach sank. I just sort of shook my head. He asked how many points. I explained 11 and why (most not speeding). He looked at me and said, you realise if I book you, you will loose your licence. Whats your job? I explained I'm a field engineer.
He looked at me, then the road, then me. Get going, but if I, or any of my mates stop you again, you won't be so lucky.
All the coppers I have met have been the same. Attitude test, so long as you were not dangerous and don't look like a hooligan. ____________________ Travelling around the world...a bit at a time. Where am I now? / Visit my BLOG
Bike: Blue Honda VFR800fi (*NEW*) Mileage: 22k Countries visited: GB/F/D/CZ/PL/E/I/B/A/HR/H/Rus/E/MA
West Europe...2004, East Europe...2005, Russia/France...2006, Morocco...2007 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy99 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy99 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 16 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:12 - 12 Feb 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Good on them,it's good to hear about people being stopped and scanned,bloody annoying if it's you mind.
If it happened more maybe bike theft could drop  ____________________ Nothing gets the point across quite like a raised middle digit.
Just call me General Crazypaws. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tintin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tintin Traffic Copper

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mattsmith95 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattsmith95 Traffic Copper
Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mattsmith95 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mattsmith95 Traffic Copper
Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|