Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I got pulled (sadly by the police)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

mattsmith95
Traffic Copper



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:57 - 11 Feb 2005    Post subject: I got pulled (sadly by the police) Reply with quote

Aldersgate Street today,(LONDON EC1) four coppers (pushbike) set up at the check point pulling up motorcycles only, I was pulled and they had a scanner and they scanned my bike. I produced my road tax which was NOT on my bike, the officer was okay about it, he understood why I wasn't displaying it on the bike.

The police were looking for stolen parts, my bike was clear but it did detect a datatag which was put in by the previous owner. I was given the thumbs up, given a pink slip to prove I had been stopped and checked out.

I was told that some poor R6 owner was riding a bike with a stolen seat.

The police are very active in that area in London, they have been for some months now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:07 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Thumbs Up

I might finally get some bits of my poor CBR back... (wishful thinking I know)
Let's hope that this kind of scanning continues and helps to diminish the market for stolen spares.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

theftvictim
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 03 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to say I am glad that they are taking a more active role detecting stolen parts. As long as they were only doing this and not using it as an excuse to get you for a race exhaust etc...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Keith
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Mar 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:40 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

theftvictim wrote:
Got to say I am glad that they are taking a more active role detecting stolen parts.

Agreed, doing something which actually benefits us bikers for a change.

If I was pulled for that reason alone, I wouldnt have a problem at all.

Thumbs Up For the police.
____________________
Aprilia RSV Mille R Edwards Replica - Aprilia RS250 - Suzuki GSXR600 Supersport Race Bike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

natv4
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:27 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thumbs Up Agreed, it can only be a good thing for us all. Hopefully make people think where they buy their parts from. Buying hooky gear only perpetuates theft.
____________________
Travelling around the world...a bit at a time. Where am I now? / Visit my BLOG
Bike: Blue Honda VFR800fi (*NEW*) Mileage: 22k Countries visited: GB/F/D/CZ/PL/E/I/B/A/HR/H/Rus/E/MA
West Europe...2004, East Europe...2005, Russia/France...2006, Morocco...2007
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ratcliffe
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 19 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:33 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a useful pull... I've only been pulled once on a bike, and that was near Bassetts Pole the week after the accident last year, and that was only a "were you here last week Sir?" type pull, not a tax disc etc one.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:15 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am yet to be pulled over by the police.

Been 18 months and had 3 bikes in that time.

I am surprised I havnt but I was riding with keith through stockton and was being followed a long way by some feds, They didnt pull me over however.

I like to think its because I dont ride in a way or have a bike that draws any real attention to myself.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:48 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
I like to think its because I dont ride in a way or have a bike that draws any real attention to myself.

Its down to luck, I got stopped by a bike cop for no apparent reason, I was riding along the A4 through Reading away from some traffic lights and he did a U turn at the lights. Didn't ask me anything like "do you know why I've stopped you?" "how fast were you going back there?", the bike had a race can (ZX6R) and other than that there was nothing wrong (well, my restrictors had fallen out but he didn't know that Razz ). Didn't look at my bike, didn't do anything other than ask me crap about if he checked would it show me as being insured and licensed to which he was happy enough me saying yes. He wasn't being just pissed off and was commenting about things like I should use earplugs as it gets very loud above 120. Laughing

Draw the short straw and get stopped, draw the shorter straw and get booked for something relativly trivial like can, plate or visor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kwakagirl
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:57 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we all complain about the police from time to time but they do sometimes make decisions in our favor. I was pulled over for speeding once (I had a GPZ250R at the time which has the most useless mirrors ever invented, the bike cop was sitting right behind me). I had P plates at the time and had been riding about 7 months. He informed me I had been doing 83km/h in the 60 zone (enough to lose your license). Well, when I took my helmet off he realised he was dealing with a blonde female not some boy racer Surprised I said I was very sorry but I'd only been riding a couple of months. He said, yes and that car did come out of the side street which probably scared you and there was a downhill slope so I guess it's understandable... He gave me 4 points and a fine for 65 in a 60 zone and told me to be more careful!!! The points were fine with me because I went onto my full license a few months later and got a clean slate Very Happy
So the coppers aren't all bad. However I now avoid them like the plague because my ZX6R is far from road legal. Tell me really, what exactly does noise pollute???? If an indicator indicates does it really matter how close it is to your tail light? and if you don't speed does it really matter if you have no dash lights at 2 o'clock in the morning?
____________________
Bikes aren't dangerous, crashing is dangerous.
Choose life. Choose to ride. Choose your future. Choose bikes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

natv4
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 31 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:27 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar story. Got radar'd from about 1/2 mile away. They caught me doing 46 just before a 40 zone (i.e. 30 zone). I went passed them and thought everything was ok (I was only doing 30 when I saw them). Then after a couple mins I see the police bike in my mirrors, with lights on. I pull over. So does he. Doh!

I have a few friends who are coppers. They all say much the same. Get stopped and its a simple attitude test (unless you were being a complete tit).

He asked me how fast I was going. So I replied about 30 ish. He said, before that when you overtook the car. My stomach sank. I just sort of shook my head. He asked how many points. I explained 11 and why (most not speeding). He looked at me and said, you realise if I book you, you will loose your licence. Whats your job? I explained I'm a field engineer.

He looked at me, then the road, then me. Get going, but if I, or any of my mates stop you again, you won't be so lucky.

All the coppers I have met have been the same. Attitude test, so long as you were not dangerous and don't look like a hooligan.
____________________
Travelling around the world...a bit at a time. Where am I now? / Visit my BLOG
Bike: Blue Honda VFR800fi (*NEW*) Mileage: 22k Countries visited: GB/F/D/CZ/PL/E/I/B/A/HR/H/Rus/E/MA
West Europe...2004, East Europe...2005, Russia/France...2006, Morocco...2007
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy99
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good on them,it's good to hear about people being stopped and scanned,bloody annoying if it's you mind.
If it happened more maybe bike theft could drop Thumbs Up
____________________
Nothing gets the point across quite like a raised middle digit.

Just call me General Crazypaws.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tintin
Traffic Copper



Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they are checking for stolen parts, however what happens if you have bought a fairing off ebay and it was stolen? Will they investigate who you bought it from or just take it off you?

I expect my stolen R6 is in bits all over London!
____________________
The older I get the better I was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsmith95
Traffic Copper



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:58 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I ride a CB250. who the hell would steal it??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:13 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsmith95 wrote:
This is why I ride a CB250. who the hell would steal it??


A 125 owner.
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mattsmith95
Traffic Copper



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:20 - 12 Feb 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

smartarse!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.38 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 88.99 Kb