Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Honda CG125 ES-7 2008 UK Clutch Questions (JC30 Engine)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

CG125ES-7 Nut Buster
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:29 - 12 Jun 2019    Post subject: Honda CG125 ES-7 2008 UK Clutch Questions (JC30 Engine) Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have bought EBC Heavy Duty friction plates, new cable to eliminate my clutch starting to slip. 11,000 miles and first change i believe. The clutch engages when the pull lever is pushed forward so probably just the 10 year old cable.

Are EBC HD clutch springs worth it or just a pain in the hand/wrist?

Do these require special tools for the oil spinner removal and clutch plates?

Every time I start a project I get caught out needing something.

Thanks for any links. Rolling Eyes

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 08:58 - 12 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just change the cable. Clutch plates should be fine as they are, and everyone seems to cock up their first couple of clutch plate changes. You'll break it by trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist.

Pro tip for changing the cable. Leave the existing one in place, and route the new one in alongside it. Connect up the new cable and adjust it (bottom adjuster for most of the adjustment, top one only for fine tuning), then remove the old one.
This means your new cable is correctly routed.

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:32 - 12 Jun 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the clutch on a CG is an easy job. As above change th cable first and if it's still problematic look at the clutch itself.

If doing the plates I think you're as well to do the springs too. Do it right and you won't have to go back in there for a long time. There is a special tool required for the oil spinner. You can buy them cheap on eBay or make one easily from an old socket.

Cable routing tip above is a good one but not really necessary on a simple CG, and it relies on the old routing being correct.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1