|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Akiraprise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Akiraprise Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 31 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:48 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: Tailgaters |
 |
|
Tailgaters, how many of you get these bastards? The only reason I bring this up is because I had two on my spin tonight, a few of us out, doing the speed limit - no serious we were - it was wet and we get some prick in a scooby acting all hard infront of his chick, tailgate me (even though the fuzz was behind him - they then turn off)and overtake me, without that being enough he revved his engine at the lights and dumped the clutch and goes squeeling into the distance.
There was 4 50cc motorcycles, we're not even going to try so what's the point? What an asshole, saw him later on acting all fucking gobby when he drove past, I asked my brother if he knows the guy and he said he's a twat and allways does it.
The second one is 2 chicks in a ford Ka were right up my 'arse' so to speak all along the 'run', so I started jamming on my brakes, to see if they'd chicken out but they just hooted and overtook - i was getting really pissed off about now.
Do you guys get people like this? How do I tell them to stay back etc? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ginguar |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ginguar Traffic Copper

Joined: 19 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| numark1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 numark1 Scared of girls

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:55 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Best thing i do is either turn round and stare at them. I suppose it would be better if you had an irridium visor and were 6'5
Or if its dark backfire the bike so flames come out the exhaust and the noise  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| White Noise |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 White Noise Mr Dudwee

Joined: 17 Dec 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:00 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I fecking hate them,
i rode back from exeter to brighton, on my way back i came to a part where a single carrageway becomes a dual, theres a car in front and one a fair distance back, so once on the dual i pinned it to get pass the car infront, going about 80-90
then check my mirrors can't see anything behind, but wait whats that, i see a little bit of shadow of a car, the bastards so close behind i can't see him in the mirrors!
it takes me very by surprise so i get into the left hand land asap and let him past with a one finger salute from me, followed him at a distance for a while just to find him stuck behind a tractordown the raod!
When it was safe to do so i filtered around him with the one finger salute again
just a story from me but they are pain in the arses, if they are causing that much bother just let them past i am sure you to will find them down the road stuck behind slow traffic!
Take t easy
WN ____________________ Buy my wife: 96' Yam XJ600s (Diversion)
Wing Commander White Noise - SE Clique
Riding Tip #86: See God, then back off a bit: Problem is i haven't seen god yet, just a close up of tarmac on revett straight |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr.z |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr.z World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:17 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Generally i'll try and make them go past, if they want to drive into a wall then they are quite welcome to.. just not worth it.
Another way is slowing right down, then caneing it right back to the speed limit, if they are back do the same again, repeat till they get bored or overtake and sod off
Not thats it even remotely big clever or legal but.. on another forum a guy from the states rigged up a fog light on the rear of the bike, somebody getting too close would get a few sharp blasts of 60Watts of fog light in their face... apparently works tremendously well  ____________________ >RidingSkills<->Tech Tips<->MyBikes< |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| binge |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 binge Emo Kiddy

Joined: 03 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:19 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
U kno what I do...
I skid!
I slam on the back brake, Skid for a split second, then hit the gas.
Its hillerious. Ok, it puts me in slight danger of being ran over. but U shud see then swerver allover the place behind!
They soon back off...
Failing that. if you drive with ur lights Off. Just switch ur lights On. They think uve hit the brakes.
<|Ben|> |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The#Doctor# |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The#Doctor# Spanner Monkey

Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jrod |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jrod Page 3 Girl

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 03:09 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
LOL, Binge has skidmarks  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 03:15 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I notice them, and then do nothing other than tut to myself about them and call them an arsehole. L plates attract them like moths to a flame. If they want to overtake, then they can and should, if it's safe. Otherwise they should be giving themselves enough space to brake.
If they want to sit right up my arse, I'm not going to speed (up) to give them the correct braking distance, I value having enough braking distance in front of me. About the only possible saving grace is that I tend to plan escape routes so that I can brake ending up beside rather than behind/ in the vehicle in front if I have to. I'd really like to not have to rely on that.
If I had a bike upon which I could actually get away on, then I'd probably be making hand signals of various varieties and rudenesses to try and get the message across to them.
Most drivers are okay though, and I've probably been guilty of tailgating people going particularly slowly too on occasion. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scotsman37 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scotsman37 World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 03:23 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yep, they are bloody stupid by tail gating because if you have to suddenly do some hard braking for some reason they'll no doubt end up driving straight over you !
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steveh |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steveh World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 03:29 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
personaly, i slow down abit, and tap on the breaks, if this doesnt work, speed right up get abit away and jump on the breaks.
Or as i saw one lad do when i was out, drop your trousers and moon them, i was in a fit of laughter for about half a mile
Steve. ____________________ Current : 06 Zx10r, 07 Wr450f SM, 74 850 norton commando, 63 bsa b40, 1962 Triton 650, 67 Triumph Tr6r, 1955 Triton 750, 1978 TY250E. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nath |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nath World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Jul 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 04:05 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just look in your mirrors a few times, really deliberately. Anyone who is just a poor driver as opposed to deliberately being a cunt will realise they're putting you in a dangerous situation and back off.
You do get some idiots on the road when it comes to slow traffic though. The other day in Matlock Bath in the traffic, I pulled to one side and slowed down slightly to let a small group of bikers past who were choosing to filter rather than sit in the traffic procession. Some retard in a car nips past after them... About two minutes later the road became a bit more favourable to filtering so I went straight past her. Can't believe that anyone would do that when there's no chance of them going anywhere(in a car!!), when there's hundrends of bikers on the roads so they must surely realise why i'd pulled to oneside, and that i'd be filtering as well when the opportunity arose...  ____________________ Hard livin', hard luck. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| R6jonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 R6jonny Nearly there...

Joined: 28 Jan 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:26 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
| White Noise wrote: | I fecking hate them,
i rode back from exeter to brighton, on my way back i came to a part where a single carrageway becomes a dual, theres a car in front and one a fair distance back, so once on the dual i pinned it to get pass the car infront, going about 80-90
then check my mirrors can't see anything behind, but wait whats that, i see a little bit of shadow of a car, the bastards so close behind i can't see him in the mirrors!
it takes me very by surprise so i get into the left hand land asap and let him past with a one finger salute from me, followed him at a distance for a while just to find him stuck behind a tractordown the raod!
When it was safe to do so i filtered around him with the one finger salute again
just a story from me but they are pain in the arses, if they are causing that much bother just let them past i am sure you to will find them down the road stuck behind slow traffic!
Take t easy
WN |
Aaaah remember that Audi TT that was a bit anxious to pass us down in Brighton !!! I think that method of sitting in the middle of the road and then pulling away at about 5mph worked pretty well
He soon pissed off down some side turning........... ____________________ Honda NSR125 - Yamaha R6 - Ducati 748 - Suzuki GSXR750K6/GSXR1000K7/GSXR750K8 - Ducati 848 - Honda SP1 - Triumph Daytona 675
"simply because she is a female and is thus her actions largely make no sense whatsoever by default" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:48 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I usually just slow down until they get the message. You can make a bike pretty wide when you want to.
It doesn't happen very often on the bike but pretty much every day in the car on the daily grind to work. The A40's full of wankers who drive up each others' arses particularly in the 40 limit (where no-one does 40) so if someone's up my bum I'll make a point of doing 35. If someone shufts me up the rear in the car, I don't really care as it's them that are going to be paying.
If I'm on the bike and see a car doing it to a wobbly L plater, which is depressingly common, I'll cut in front of the car and slow them down... noisily. One thing that really winds me up is seeing a car pressuring someone who's nervous  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| natv4 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 natv4 Brolly Dolly

Joined: 31 Dec 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:58 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Agree Bendy.
I have had to cut in front of a car doing it to my little bro before. Its not impressive at all. If they can see someone is nervous, they should back off. Its nice when bigger bikes look after you (from my own experience). ____________________ Travelling around the world...a bit at a time. Where am I now? / Visit my BLOG
Bike: Blue Honda VFR800fi (*NEW*) Mileage: 22k Countries visited: GB/F/D/CZ/PL/E/I/B/A/HR/H/Rus/E/MA
West Europe...2004, East Europe...2005, Russia/France...2006, Morocco...2007 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MissFickle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MissFickle Nova Slayer

Joined: 12 Nov 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:29 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I found I have got a lot more of these bum bandits since I have the VFR.
I usually use the clicky front brake thing and flash several times, if they don’t get the msg then either pull over suddenly and follow them or slow right down. ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| innominate |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 innominate Brolly Dolly

Joined: 18 Nov 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| El_Bandido |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 El_Bandido Trackday Trickster

Joined: 08 Feb 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:36 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I had some old twat tailgate me in a brand new bentley the other day. i just turned round and stared right at him . Worked a treat  ____________________ Hold my beer and watch this! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tribal_tiger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tribal_tiger World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:05 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Meh, I usually just whack on the front so the whole bike dives. Wakes em up abit.
Plus if they are behind you in traffic, a nice burnout and spraying rubber up them works nicely.
And also as said, turning round and glaring at them. That works too.
But to be honest, just move over to the left and let them go if you want an easy life. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:10 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I do what Bendy does, also it's the way you are supposed to deal with tailgators, just slow down, don't feel pressured by someone behind you, just decrease the braking distance so to speak so it won't hurt so much if you have to actually make an emergency stop, they do get the message in the end. For added effect as they pass give them a  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheShaggyDA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheShaggyDA Repost Police

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Danny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Danny Ask Me About Stoppie School

Joined: 26 Jan 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:58 - 30 Mar 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
If it's not a boy racer then I'll give the signal for back off, this usually works (even worked on an artic once).
If I feel that they're going to hit me, then I'll just let them past, it's not worth risking your life for.
But if I think I've got room for manoeuvre then I'll keep slowing down until they get the point. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 21 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|