Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


DVLA

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: DVLA Reply with quote

When you call the DVLA how can you actually speak to someone?
I can’t get the answers I need from the recorded message.

Cheers

Killa
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:45 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

God knows mate, I've spent hours on the phone to them before.

Finally got my licence through yesterday (only just sent off for it), then today I get a letter saying if I dont send my test pass off within 2 years I'll lose my entitlement.

Confused
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:48 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I’ll ask you lot….

I had my letter through for revocation of my licence, I needed to send my licence etc to the address on the front of the envelope, which is basically another department in DVLA Swansea, I also got a application for provisional the same day, I filled it out and sent it all back to them in one envelope.

Do you think admin will be able to sort it out, or are they thick as shit?
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:55 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Do you think admin will be able to sort it out, or are they thick as shit?


If you are lucky it will eventually get through to the right department.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:58 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

killa wrote:
Ok I’ll ask you lot….

I had my letter through for revocation of my licence, I needed to send my licence etc to the address on the front of the envelope, which is basically another department in DVLA Swansea, I also got a application for provisional the same day, I filled it out and sent it all back to them in one envelope.

Do you think admin will be able to sort it out, or are they thick as shit?


That sounds about right mate.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

EDBANGER
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:07 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got through with ease the other day!! I use my tried and tested method against all automated phone message thingies!! Mash the keys until the voice stops saying "sorry the numbers you entered were not recognized" and eventually it will say "Please hold while we put you through to an available operator" Thumbs Up
____________________
If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, you are the sucker.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

once i rang as soon as they opened as can never get though (cant remember what time it was as was a few months ago) and said all operators were busy?!?! as soon as they open?i mean the minute they did aswell

DVLA Thumbs Down IMO
____________________
99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Davo
Davo To The Rescue!



Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:50 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDBANGER wrote:
I got through with ease the other day!! I use my tried and tested method against all automated phone message thingies!! Mash the keys until the voice stops saying "sorry the numbers you entered were not recognized" and eventually it will say "Please hold while we put you through to an available operator" Thumbs Up


Good way of getting through telephone banking systems as well, could also try not pressing any buttons when it asks you to, hopefully the switch board will think you've got a pulse dialling phone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:22 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDBANGER wrote:
thingies!! Mash the keys until the voice stops saying "sorry the numbers you entered were not recognized" and eventually it will say "Please hold while we put you through to an available operator" Thumbs Up



Thumbs Up Laughing


killa wrote:

Thick as shit


That's the option I'd be voting for. A huge office, full of paperwork, and lots of people who will shrug and say "that's not my job".

I'd send another one - won't do any harm.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:27 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why complain about the DVLA? You aren't the only fucking driver in the UK.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Why complain about the DVLA?.

Because they are without any doubt, really really shit? Seems fair enough to complain at or about tham. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:42 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap maybe but the point Killa is making is that HE can't get through, like he has priority over the many other people trying to get through.

If you are struggling so much look up the number for your local DVLA office and try that.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
Crap maybe but the point Killa is making is that HE can't get through, like he has priority over the many other people trying to get through.


Or maybe the DVLA should get organised enough to actually have enough people answering the phone. Hardly like we can choose to use another organisation other than that lot who have a reputation for screwing things up (such as loosing peoples entitlements on their licences when they send them in).

Jon B wrote:
If you are struggling so much look up the number for your local DVLA office and try that.


And be prepared for a couple of hours wait there.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

numark1
Scared of girls



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:52 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes they are good and sometimes not. My numberplate changeover took 4 days. To update my licence and put my car test on it has taken over 6 weeks and i still haven't got it back.

They are good and sending out fines too even if they are in the wrong. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:22 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t really heard good things about them.

Please don’t have a go at me, it’s only the welsh. Rolling Eyes

I ring up the DVLA and get a recorded voice, I didn’t know how to talk to an operator.
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

no_shad
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:07 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they are shit, I waited ages for them to sort my V5.
I guessing they are severely understaffed and like most of the civil service, employ a large number of special people who would otherwise be care of the community.

I rang them once and could only speak to a machine, not sure if it was a different number I rang, but the second time I tried, I did get to talk to someone. Funny how it then arrived in the post 2 days later. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Black Knight
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 27 Oct 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rang the DVLA on Sat and got straight through Thumbs Up They were helpful and efficient and I recieved my documents within 3 working days Thumbs Up

How come....

Well I had to pay for a new licence so was ringing with my credit card details.

Always the same, plenty of people in sales to ring you up and nag you into buying something, but then try and ring customer service and they don't wanna know. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 100.27 Kb