Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What would /you/ do?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

What would you do?
Try and reach the owner via pm, msn and irc?
98%
 98%  [ 52 ]
Not try and make contact at all?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 53

Author Message

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:01 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: What would /you/ do? Reply with quote

If you read on another forum about a stolen bike that had been found, and you pretty much knew whos it was. What would you do?

Gaz


Last edited by Gazdaman on 13:02 - 04 Dec 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:02 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, you knew who stole it? I don't understand why you wouldn't tell the owner? Confused
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

firefox
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:04 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way i look at it if it was your bike and it got stolen would you want somone to tell you who stole it. I know for sure i would want to know. But its you not me its up to you but will you feel guilty over it as i think i would. Shocked
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yzf750r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:04 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a mates, and I knew who had stole it, I'd tell them of course, actually if it was anyones I had seen/heard about, I'd inform the owner.
Thumbs Up
____________________
04 zx10r with mods - 187.4bhp at the wheel! :o
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:06 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know who stole it.

But you know the person who had it stolen. And you know the person who now has the bike. (A good guy, who chased the thieving chavs away).

Surely you'd contact the owner via any means possible?

Why would somebody not make any attempt to contact the rightfull owner. Discuss.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:07 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazdaman wrote:
Why would somebody not make any attempt to contact the rightfull owner. Discuss.


Because they're a self-centred asshole?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is purely hypothetical, right Gazdaman? Question
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will all become clear once more flaming of the person who didn't tell me happens.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:16 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did this person pay for the bike, or just take it off the chavs hands?

Besides the point really, I'd want to be informed. However if the bike was in good enough nick I'd like for it not to go through the police, as the guy didn't actually steal it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:24 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here's the scene.

On VisorDown, this thread was posted:
https://www.visordown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236343

Which for those who don't want to read it. States that the thread starter has found a stolen MZ 251 behind his house. With a busted ignition. He also lives in Bristol.

Hmm, could that be Gaz's bike? I'd better tell him. Or that's what you'd think.

NSR-Andy posted in that thread, and made no effort to contact me. Who does that? I never liked the twat before, but I would certainly tell anyone where their bike might be if it'd been stolen!!

And a major Thumbs Up to Maurice, who tried to contact me, and didn't stop until he got hold of me at 3am this morning.

Quote:

From: NSR125-Kid-UK
To: Gazdaman
Posted: 12:13 - 04 Dec 2005
Subject: Re: Twat
I was the one who put your name about and where to find you in the first place, and i don't like you one fucking bit. So yeah I apologise for not being fucking clairvoyant, I must try harder next time .

Maybe if you hadn't pissed me off to the point where I'm convinced that you're a total fucking arsehole who I want nothing to do with, I might have dropped you a line. But as you demonstrated that you're so fucking unapproachable and your response would have only been a sarky or snappy comment anyway, I didn't bother.



That's what he had to say on the matter. Because we don't get on. He made the willfull decision not to tell me where my bike was.


P.S the info he left about me in the thread was "Gaz on BCF". That's not enough information to contact me unless you're a BCF regular. Thank god for Maurice.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:45 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

'm not taking sides here, but if i was in NSR-125-UKs shoes i'd surely think. oh if maybe i inform gaz that i've located his stolen bike maybe his attitude would change towards me and we could possibly become friends.

just giving my opinion don't flame me Rolling Eyes

glad you found your bike though gaz Smile

chris
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yambabe
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:08 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't give a toss about friendship tbh, if I knew someone had had a bike stolen and I had a clue about where it might be I'd let them know even if they were a complete twat.

I might not tell them directly, in fact I'd probably tell someone else and let them make the contact, but I would at least do that much.

I suspect that Andy may have thought he'd "done his bit" by posting the Gaz from BCF comment. After all, there are a number of people on here who also go on VD regularly and in the end it did work cos Maurice saw it.

Just my Penny Coin Penny Coin

Is it definitely your bike then Gaz? Have you got it back?
____________________
Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate. Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:49 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not heard anything yet, waiting for the guy to come online and hopefully phone me.

I think it's very probably it's mine.

And that was my point. I wouldn't care whos bike it was, if I located their stolen bike, I would tell them about it!!

I have spoken to Andy about this, and he has apologised, and I've calmed down a lot. But I was absolutely fuming earlier.

What got me, is that after I brought the subject up he made it plainly clear that he purposefully didn't contact me, due to our 'relationship'.

Gaz


Last edited by Gazdaman on 16:51 - 04 Dec 2005; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:50 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

to be fair, he said you had yours nicked and is quite a small chance it was yours and did mention your name.

HOWEVER, i feel at least a PM to you was in order and think he was out of line there.

HOEVER (again) ZRX61 had posted before NSR kid did (surely its the same one as on here, he a regular here surly he knew aswell? Thinking )
____________________
99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:35 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

not everyone is good at putting 2 and 2 together
dont assume the guy had figured out that it might be yours
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

california_rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:23 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a fooking easy one. Even if I didn't particularly like the fellow, I'd still do my best to get them their bike back. Exclamation
____________________
https://www.bikepics.com/members/californiarookie/04gsxr600/
https://www.myspace.com/spapadillion
https://steamcommunity.com/id/spapadillion
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi aka Reuben
Carrot Top



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I felt that the person had in some way insulted me or treated me unfairly, whether I was right or wrong then I'd be unlikely to inform the person who's bike it could be about it. They have done nothing but been akward towards me, so why should I do anything for them?

I would however inform the person who now has the vehicle that it may be stolen and it is possibly so-and-so's vehcile and they should contact them. It would then be upto that person to do something about it.
____________________
Pictorgraphicalfantastical
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:49 - 04 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, the police now have the bike, and I can have it back tomorrow morning.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

paulthewitt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:43 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Embarassed Evil or Very Mad IDIOT.

i pressed on the tell them option then pressed down and clicked submit. i am the only one whos pressed it so far.....sorry.

i of course would tell the owner. and probably the police. i mucked up the stats...sorry again Rolling Eyes Embarassed Mad

Paul

ps: bike found in bristol, your lucky. i notice it wasnt the cops who found it! dont suppose this guy has a stolen kmx125 aswell does he? no. ok. lucky you got it back, shame people didnt tell you earlier. Thumbs Up to maurice. top guy when i met him, prooved himself again!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

biggerjohn
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there is a good question why haven’t the police contacted you if the chap that found it reported it to the police surly they will have the reg/frame no and be able to tell the true owner where his bike is.

Still I would always try and get the bike back to it true owner as that just what I would want some one to do for me even if I did think the chap was a prat.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazdaman
I did a trackday!!!



Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:18 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't be more disheartened with the police.

The entire-ness of what they did was:
- Take mine and the bike's details
- Call the recovery place and get them to recover it

The bike was about 4 roads away, I could have pushed it that far.
And I actually phoned them because I already knew it'd been recovered.

Middle Finger to Avon and Somerset police.

They were even called when a theft of it was in progress. Did they attend? Did they fuck.

Gaz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR-Rulez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:01 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont think i know a lot of coppers who take much interest in their jobs

(appologies if this offends anyone, just going on who i know)

there is only one rozzer i know that is decent, plainly because i have known her for about 4 years.

I would tell the owner obviously as if i was in their shoes i would be very annoyed.




NSR-Rulez
____________________
Past: 1985 Suzuki GS 125 + 2002 Honda NSR 125 R-2 + Ford Fusion
Present: Honda CBR 600 RR-5 + Suzuki SV650S-K4 + Mitsubishi FTO GPX
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 05 Dec 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like Andy.

He used to be an enthusiastic pizza boy with a hankering for an NSR125.

Then in my perception of him, he somehow got pretentious, and self righteous and lots of other things that I didn't hold with. Fair enough, so the dude annoys me but live and let live. I've attacked him and defended him in equal measure. Blimey if annoying someone was a crime then most of parliament would be in the slammer!

However this is a new low. If Andy didn't contact Gaz, he's either very slow and didn't put two and two together or willfully withheld the information. Now, I have deliberately tried not to get this thread turned into a flame war because I could say some much worse things, however I hope that Andy now feels suitably guilty.

Karma
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 124.54 Kb