|
|
| What would you do? |
| Try and reach the owner via pm, msn and irc? |
|
98% |
[ 52 ] |
| Not try and make contact at all? |
|
1% |
[ 1 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 53 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Silver |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Silver World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:02 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
What, you knew who stole it? I don't understand why you wouldn't tell the owner?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| firefox |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 firefox World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:04 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Way i look at it if it was your bike and it got stolen would you want somone to tell you who stole it. I know for sure i would want to know. But its you not me its up to you but will you feel guilty over it as i think i would.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yzf750r |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yzf750r World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:04 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
If it was a mates, and I knew who had stole it, I'd tell them of course, actually if it was anyones I had seen/heard about, I'd inform the owner.
 ____________________ 04 zx10r with mods - 187.4bhp at the wheel! :o |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:10 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
This is purely hypothetical, right Gazdaman?  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:24 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ok, here's the scene.
On VisorDown, this thread was posted:
https://www.visordown.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236343
Which for those who don't want to read it. States that the thread starter has found a stolen MZ 251 behind his house. With a busted ignition. He also lives in Bristol.
Hmm, could that be Gaz's bike? I'd better tell him. Or that's what you'd think.
NSR-Andy posted in that thread, and made no effort to contact me. Who does that? I never liked the twat before, but I would certainly tell anyone where their bike might be if it'd been stolen!!
And a major to Maurice, who tried to contact me, and didn't stop until he got hold of me at 3am this morning.
| Quote: |
From: NSR125-Kid-UK
To: Gazdaman
Posted: 12:13 - 04 Dec 2005
Subject: Re: Twat
I was the one who put your name about and where to find you in the first place, and i don't like you one fucking bit. So yeah I apologise for not being fucking clairvoyant, I must try harder next time .
Maybe if you hadn't pissed me off to the point where I'm convinced that you're a total fucking arsehole who I want nothing to do with, I might have dropped you a line. But as you demonstrated that you're so fucking unapproachable and your response would have only been a sarky or snappy comment anyway, I didn't bother.
|
That's what he had to say on the matter. Because we don't get on. He made the willfull decision not to tell me where my bike was.
P.S the info he left about me in the thread was "Gaz on BCF". That's not enough information to contact me unless you're a BCF regular. Thank god for Maurice.
Gaz |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| quacker_boy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 quacker_boy Cuddle Bitch

Joined: 06 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:45 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
'm not taking sides here, but if i was in NSR-125-UKs shoes i'd surely think. oh if maybe i inform gaz that i've located his stolen bike maybe his attitude would change towards me and we could possibly become friends.
just giving my opinion don't flame me
glad you found your bike though gaz
chris |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yambabe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yambabe World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:08 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Wouldn't give a toss about friendship tbh, if I knew someone had had a bike stolen and I had a clue about where it might be I'd let them know even if they were a complete twat.
I might not tell them directly, in fact I'd probably tell someone else and let them make the contact, but I would at least do that much.
I suspect that Andy may have thought he'd "done his bit" by posting the Gaz from BCF comment. After all, there are a number of people on here who also go on VD regularly and in the end it did work cos Maurice saw it.
Just my
Is it definitely your bike then Gaz? Have you got it back? ____________________ Sod falling in love, I wanna fall in chocolate.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy C Tree Seeking Missile

Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:50 - 04 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
to be fair, he said you had yours nicked and is quite a small chance it was yours and did mention your name.
HOWEVER, i feel at least a PM to you was in order and think he was out of line there.
HOEVER (again) ZRX61 had posted before NSR kid did (surely its the same one as on here, he a regular here surly he knew aswell? ) ____________________ 99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| california_rookie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 california_rookie World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irezumi aka Reuben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irezumi aka Reuben Carrot Top
Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| paulthewitt |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 paulthewitt World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:43 - 05 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
IDIOT.
i pressed on the tell them option then pressed down and clicked submit. i am the only one whos pressed it so far.....sorry.
i of course would tell the owner. and probably the police. i mucked up the stats...sorry again
Paul
ps: bike found in bristol, your lucky. i notice it wasnt the cops who found it! dont suppose this guy has a stolen kmx125 aswell does he? no. ok. lucky you got it back, shame people didnt tell you earlier. to maurice. top guy when i met him, prooved himself again! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| biggerjohn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 biggerjohn Spanner Monkey
Joined: 11 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:18 - 05 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I couldn't be more disheartened with the police.
The entire-ness of what they did was:
- Take mine and the bike's details
- Call the recovery place and get them to recover it
The bike was about 4 roads away, I could have pushed it that far.
And I actually phoned them because I already knew it'd been recovered.
to Avon and Somerset police.
They were even called when a theft of it was in progress. Did they attend? Did they fuck.
Gaz |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NSR-Rulez |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NSR-Rulez World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Sep 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:09 - 05 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to like Andy.
He used to be an enthusiastic pizza boy with a hankering for an NSR125.
Then in my perception of him, he somehow got pretentious, and self righteous and lots of other things that I didn't hold with. Fair enough, so the dude annoys me but live and let live. I've attacked him and defended him in equal measure. Blimey if annoying someone was a crime then most of parliament would be in the slammer!
However this is a new low. If Andy didn't contact Gaz, he's either very slow and didn't put two and two together or willfully withheld the information. Now, I have deliberately tried not to get this thread turned into a flame war because I could say some much worse things, however I hope that Andy now feels suitably guilty.
 ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|