|
|
| Do you think that race cans on sports bikes are cool or chavvy? |
| Yes |
|
25% |
[ 23 ] |
| No |
|
74% |
[ 68 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 91 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:17 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: Are loud cans "Chavvy"? |
 |
|
Just a thought after the end can on my bike has been described as chavvy Now I love my exhaust and the sound it makes makes me grin like a nutter, although I understand it won't be to everyone's taste.
Now my thoughts are like this. I like loud cans on bikes. The louder the better really. I like loud exhausts on fast cars - and by fast I don't mean a chavved up Nova - I mean cars like Ferraris.
However, loud cans on bikes such as scooters just sound crap, as do the loud "baked bean can" exhausts on the Nova brigade.
Do you think that race cans on sports bikes are cool or chavvy?
(Don't like all this "Chav" talk but that was the description of my can). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:22 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Totally gone off the sound of an IL4 race can. Urgh. Just sound rubbish when you're ON the bike yourself.
Now, a vtwin, well, now you're talking. Sound good on and off the bike.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| craigs23 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 craigs23 Mr Muscle

Joined: 08 Jun 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:28 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Race tuned V4s
Kinda like the bassy sound of the Blade (with Scorpion attatched, looking forward to hear it Yoshi'ed), it's not too loud until it's singing and isn't much of a screamer. Sounds nice on the overrun too. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tatters |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tatters Exxon Valdez

Joined: 05 Jan 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:43 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
l,m a true beliver in "Loud cans save lifes"
My Remus is quite under 7,000 revs but over that it roars like a beast! unfortunly l rarely get to thrash a 1000cc bike around here.  ____________________ Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suzuki |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suzuki Roger

Joined: 03 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:47 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
My Remus broke when I took it off sometime last year. All the bolts had rusted to their nuts.
Just got the standard can now. Although, I'm quite enjoying it, I like the quietness.  ____________________ <Simple> no I'm shaven Jon
<Simple> it is a big enough hole.. I'll leave it now
Ride: 1999 Suzuki GSXR600 (yellow/black) IRC: Stats - Relationship Map |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy C Tree Seeking Missile

Joined: 26 Apr 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| selfdestructi... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 selfdestructi... Derestricted Danger

Joined: 13 Nov 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dodsi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dodsi Dirty Carny

Joined: 06 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| riichy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 riichy World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Apr 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:03 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
there not chavy,
i love mine it sounds bassy low revs, and screams like hell at high revs .....
and it the lets cagers no your there witch is a good thing  ____________________ .......... PLOD ............ zx636 2004 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jrod |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jrod Page 3 Girl

Joined: 02 Aug 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:10 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I love race cans on sports bikes. It sounds far better than the original can in my opinion.
However, when I was in New Zealand where they don't have any noise limits on vehicles. It was really beginning to become a real pain every day. Every town was full of boy racers and it was like living in the middle of a race track. These were totally ridiculous exhausts though. Old 1990 jap import sports cars everywhere with big bore engines and holes in the back of the car for exhausts. Sounded so nasty when they revved the thing up. Put me off a fair bit from non legal exhausts.
On a decent sized bike, they do sound really nice though. A decent exhaust on a nice car does sound really good too I think.
I think it can be chavvy in some cases, but mostly I'm for them. ____________________ Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ..... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:12 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Yoshi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Yoshi Traffic Copper

Joined: 05 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Groove |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Groove World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mchaggis |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mchaggis World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:42 - 06 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
Unlike most chavvy cars, most bikes have the bite to match their bark. A loud exhaust gets to me after a while, whether it is mine or not. I do like them, just in moderation.
An exhaust note is always going to sound better than the tyre noise. ____________________ I must not be a troll...
Mmmm, Guinness
Discovering the delights of Hammerite and a 3/4" brush.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kb-zxr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kb-zxr Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 01 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:04 - 07 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
This may seem a bit out of place but.....
I think people are blurring the line between chavs and ordinary boy racers. OK chavs usually drive cars, Novas etc. But boy racers just love their cars like we do bikes, sometimes over the top with bodykits and neons etc.
Yes some chavs fit loud cans to their cars, but normal boy racers sometimes do too.
To me a chav is usually a mouthy twat who is full of themselves. Burbury commonplace! Most boy racers arent, they just like having wheels and freedom.
If its not stupidly loud, and fitted to something that shifts quickly - I'm for it. Whether its car or bike  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Numb Nuts |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Numb Nuts Two Stroke Sniffer
Joined: 04 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:43 - 07 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think they sound ace tbh
Why do the fuzz frown upon loud sports cans but strap a loud can to your chrome v-twin and you can have it as loud as you want?
I work in an office and it has a bypass that runs down the side of it and you can hear the chromosexuals on their cruisers coming down the street louder the police sirens pulling over speeding cars!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dainesefreak |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dainesefreak World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:28 - 07 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have a Micron carbon can on my Blade for the simple reason that I filter a lot on my way to work. When I first got my current Blade, it was road legal, I got more people changing lanes on me than I had for a long time. They also would block the gap in the middle because they never use their mirrors. When they can hear me, they then look in their mirrors and then tend to move over.
I don't tend to ride like a tit anyway, unless it's somewhere I know it's safe, so I don't mind that fact that I am announcing my presence.
I have a plain carbon can too, no colour matching and no other bolt on tat.
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rob W |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rob W World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Nov 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| instigator |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 instigator Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Oct 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FreshAL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FreshAL Sir Crashalot

Joined: 04 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:10 - 07 Dec 2005 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was really looking forward to having the loud can on my new bike, but now I'm riding it I'm a bit embarrased by it.
OK, it sounds lovely, but I don't like scaring little old ladies at pedestrain crossings, making babies cry and setting car alarms of from 20 feet away.
Plus just cos you've got a loud can all the ped bois want to have a go at the TLGP. Can't be arsed with that, too slippery out there at the moment.
Still, I'm going to leave it on cos it sounds GREAT  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 20 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|