Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Double Nightmares

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:51 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Double Nightmares Reply with quote

Has anyone ever had these, like when you awake from a nightmare and have another without knowing you are in it then wake again?

Inspired by an American Werewolf in London.

Oh and please, no replies like: 'When I wake up from my nightmares I find out she is still laid next to me and it wasn't a nightmare' etc.

Infact I'll allow those replies just to see what flip can come up with Laughing

But try to stay slightly on topic, has anyone experienced one, what did it involve and are they inevitable and unavoidable in everyone's life?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZRX61
Victor Meldrew



Joined: 05 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:08 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: Double Nightmares Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
Has anyone ever had these, like when you awake from a nightmare and have another without knowing you are in it then wake again?

Yup.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:31 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had something along those lines just yesterday morning.

In my dream I was actually watching myself laying in bed, and a bad storm was brewing outside. I heard a rumble of thunder which woke me up, and I then went to the window to watch the flashes of lightening....

While I was standing there at the window, I heard what I first thought was another rumble of thunder, when I realised the banging was coming from downstairs. The banging woke me up for real when I realised that it was the postman knocking the front door Rolling Eyes
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

carlnicholson...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have allsorts of fucked up dreams.

My parents went to speak to someone about it when I was a kid but just said it was fine. Rolling Eyes

Mine can carry on for days, they just continue every night. It can be quite cool if it's a good one, if you know what I mean. Wink

I have night terrors aswell, sometimes, I wake up, but I'm still dreaming. I am really awake, but my head isn't out of the dream yet. Proper fucked up! Goes on for about half a hour usually before I just snap out of it and start shitting my self!!!

Don't know why it happens, but it seems to have stopped since I got my own house. Shocked
____________________
"THOSE WHO RISK NOTHING, DO NOTHING, ACHIEVE NOTHING, BECOME NOTHING."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dan 4RR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Re: Double Nightmares Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
Has anyone ever had these, like when you awake from a nightmare and have another without knowing you are in it then wake again?
I have one everyday... It's called life Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skunkcap Freddie
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

tv's ruined my sense of imagination. i don't have nightmares. or at least i can't remember them
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have bizarre and exceedingly distressing nightmares. I asked my exceedingly christian grandmother if she knew a possible reason why. (she's pretty knowledgeable)

I have not had a dream of any kind for just over 4 years. Shocked
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

you probably do have dreams you just don't recall them , there was a theory somewhere that stated that you can only recall dreams when you wake up during them , which lead to my dream machine (TM) which would attach sensors to your eyes and brain waves so that it'd wake you up a few minutes into each dream so you could remember it.

Though with one fatal flaw , being disturbed so many times a night would probably make you smash the bloody thing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rookie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:17 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you only remembered dreams if you wake up naturally?

I remember one I had the other night. I can't remember much, but it involved me crashing and rolling my car Sad and boning Paris Hilton. Sick Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Andy C
Tree Seeking Missile



Joined: 26 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had the weirdest dream last night, There was a porche car in my drive and was in 2 pieces and i asked my dad why and he said he was fitting a full race exhaust system and the car need to be in 2 bits (like it was cut in half) and one of my friends turned up with there bike and in the tiny pillion storage he was able to fit the MASSIVE tool kit and i said it wasnt right and he was like "yea its perfectly normal" and then i got all jelous my SV didnt have one.

Was very wierd and involed no sex in the dream, but my GF was sleeping next to me so not all lost Thumbs Up Razz
____________________
99 RS125 --> 02 SV650s --> 03 Speed Four --> 92 RXS100 --> 93 CB400sf --> 01 CB600f Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:32 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Bad Dreams on a regular basis, I either remember them straight away or bits come back to me during the day untill I get the whole thing.

I also have reacuring nightmares although they haven't creapt in for a few years, the usual big scary fucking house with death traps and people I know in there and me being chased by something. Or me falling and landing from a great height or driving a car and then a wall suddenly appears and I smash into it, or getting shot at from point blank range and the bloke always misses.

I occasionally have the old dirty dreams aswell Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MementoMori
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Occasionally, I experience something where I think I've woken up but I can't move at all, and I can't make any sound. I can still look around though. Then the light's that were never on in the first place will go dim and my door will start opening or something.

It seems to last ages and is as scary as fuck, then I eventually snap out of it and wake up in the dark with my door closed.

Really isn't pleasant.

There've also been times where I've woken up, and fallen back to sleep but had a really surreal dream about how my day might go, as if I have actually woken up. Then when I do wake up, I find it really weird that I'm still in bed and something normal has to happen for me to realise that I'm in the real world, not the surreal one. That's pretty weird.
____________________
The tiger who came for a pint
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

phantomtek
Lil Joe Tek



Joined: 20 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:53 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memento, that is called sleep paralysis and I've heard it can be very very scary, in some cases a woman appears, wrinkled and old and sits on your chest and begins to strangle you. But the way the woman moves into your room is the scariest bit, so I've heard and it has been happening for centuries, she really does get around alot.

Anyway I sleep on the top of a bunk bed so the bitch couldn't get me if she tried Thumbs Up Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

xlizx
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:28 - 19 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have crazy dreams a lot, and they all seem to merge into one. I used ot have really bad nightmares but don't so often now, just now and then I get sad dreams like with people I know who are dead in, then you wake up and realise it wans't real.
Damn dreams, who needs 'em?? Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:10 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I must admit smoking the ganja before bedtime can be interesting, thing is I’ve had that many bad dreams and watched that many fuc*ed up films and games I actually enjoy them.
My GF has the sleep paralysis thing, I’ve never had it but she explained to me that sometimes she’ll slowly wake up and be able to see everything in the room but cant move at all! Weird…..

Check this out then, recently I’ve been playing The suffering Ties that Bind, which is pretty messed up for a game. Then on Friday I went to watch The Hills Have eyes pretty stoned and I left the cinema looking over my shoulder. To top it off I had a few beers with mates and rented Wolf Creek on DVD, try going to sleep after all that, everytime I shut my eyes I had flashes of all of it. LOL Rolling Eyes
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lost_Prophet
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 28 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:16 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

i get the 'oh shit im falling' dreams which usually results in my jumping about out of my bed, horrible fucking things

ive woke up crying a few times, but that's what a shit past gets ya

i never dream about monsters or shit like that, even though i watch horror movies, and have a good imagination, i can distinguish between reality and fantay quite well, so when the film stops so does my thoughts on it
____________________
Its not how fast you ride, its how you ride fast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cagiva Mito
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever layed there trying to get to sleep, when suddenly you wake up and it's 7 in the morning!! Very weird.

Also why is it when your having a really cool dream and something goods about to happen you wake up just before it does! Pi**es me right off!!

Sainty Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tokarev
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 20 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have these double dreams sometimes.

Last one was that my house was being haunted by some ghost or polterguist, causing all sorts of scary shite! Then I woke up and walked to the kitchen to get a glass of water, looked out the window to see that my bike had been nicked and an empty space for where my bike should be (got that disgusting feeling for it aswell!)

Thankfully I then really woke up and thought "Shite, that was a real bad nightmare"and then went and checked on the bike to make sure! Wink Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

akaDAVE
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced sleep paralysis only a couple of times and it was bloody terrifying. I am claustrophobic and think that may be why I really couldn't stand it.

I find with most dreams/nightmares, it isn't the subject or visuals that effect me but an overall feeling/emotion that runs through the whole thing and usually lingers for the rest of the day.
The worst one I had I will never forget as it was like it happened in real life to me.
I was having various confused nightmares about this dark figure in different scenarios, the last one I was trying to attack it whilst it appeared to be lying down but as I got close I became breathless and weak and it turned on me. I woke up feeling quite shaken, but then suddenly saw and heard my towel fall off the wardrobe door in my room. It seemed to give me a sense of reality but at the same time scared me stiff. The next thing I know I'm frozen to my bed on my back looking sideways at this dark figure coming through my bedroom door. It was so physically real it was nothing like a dream/nightmare so I really didn't consider that I was hallucinating. It calmly climbed onto my chest with a knife and started stabbing down on my chest. I could hear a grunting sound which I think might have been me breathing or trying to scream. I felt like my breath was being sucked out until I felt my legs move and could roll in the bed. I couldn't work out what the hell had just happened.
I haven't had it since and sure as fuck don't want that again. I was like a zombie for two days after that and couldn't sleep.
____________________
GSXR600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
Memento, that is called sleep paralysis .........


I used to get this alot, quite a few years ago now and so glad it hasn't happened since!

I'd know I was awake, but couldn't open my eye's or move any part of body at all. Then I'd be able to move my fingers and try and pull my hand along, with my fingers to push my head and try and fully wake up. I hated it, and it always seemed to happen when my head was tilted back.

I never knew what it was for years but it got more frequent, say once every couple of weeks. So I decided to find out what it was. I didn't take any medication or anything for it but it just seemed to stop happening. I cant remember the last time it happened now, but it used to scare the sh*t out of me! Sad

Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

McGee
O RLY?



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:37 - 21 Mar 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

phantomtek wrote:
in some cases a woman appears, wrinkled and old and sits on your chest and begins to strangle you. But the way the woman moves into your room is the scariest bit, so I've heard and it has been happening for centuries, she really does get around alot.


I used to get that, until I caught on it was riichys mums looking for a good time.

So I slapped the bitch good and went back to sleep.

Wink
____________________
◙◙► K6 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 1000 ◄◙◙◙◙► K5 GSXR 600 ◄◙◙◙◙► 96 RF600r ◄◙◙
◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►◄◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙►
Its pronounced Jixxer!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 20 years, 202 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 0.94 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 117.95 Kb